C3C Play the World won't run?

[UPDATE]
Having delved into the dark history of this forum, I found this post from 2006. That said there were problems with the Rev A update, and Aspyr were working with GameRanger to resolve them. I can't see any later information. I think Brad Oliver, who was the lead Civ3/4 programmer at the time, left Aspyr shortly after that. Maybe they never finished the job.

You should also note that, as stated above, the old versions of C3C and PtW were both PowerPC-only applications. The principal reason for the Rev A update was to make them Universal so that they would run native on Intel processors. The bottom line is that is that if you want to run the old PowerPC versions, and you are running Snow Leopard then you need to install Rosetta from the Optional Installs on your OS X DVDs. If you are running Lion then you can't install Rosetta, so you can't run the older versions of Civ3.

Well Yeah I could host a PTW lobby but I couldn't start it or play it because of the fact that It won't run.

And you can't choose Civ 3 Complete because it's unsupported.

Your answers seldom relate to the points I raise :confused:

1. Why are you persisting with PtW?

2. If you do insist on running PtW, the old version you have on your DVD will only run in Rosetta. That is not possible in OS X Lion, and it's only possible in OS X Snow Leopard f you install Rosetta manually.

3. We have both found separate evidence that the latest versions of PtW and C3C may not support GameRanger. If so you are never going to be able to play Civ3 on the Internet.

You are trying to run software that was originally written over 10 years ago, and belatedly ported to the Mac eight years ago. This thread has already generated more posts than the entire Mac Civ3 forum has had in the last three months - that's how dormant the Mac CIv3 community has become.

I am running out of suggestions. I recommend that you contact Aspyr Support. If that fails, as I suspect it will, and you really want to play Civ on the Internet, you could cut your losses and get a copy of Civ4, which is a far better game anyway.

Yeah I was just about to say, I did a quick Get Info on PTW and found out it's a (PowerPC) application, sigh that's why it wasn't working out in the first place.

I'm persisting on getting PTW because it's the only thing gameranger supports and I'd really like to play some civ online, and yes I'll just get Rosetta.

Thanks for helping me realize this, and Civ III PTW is I think supported.

Well If I just install Rosetta I won't need to contact Aspyr?

And sorry on that answer I don't think I read your answer all the way through when typing that answer, I'll just get rosetta.

Eh epic fail, I already have Rosetta because I am allowed to open Civ 3 complete USING Rosetta which means I have it, damn why wont PTW work.

Top Bottom