C3C v1.20 patch is out!!!

I'm relatively content with the changes done through 1.15 and there's little reason for me to download this patch. I'll just wait for Civ4.

Originally posted by Maxfin
Yeah, I'm studying this area also in university and I know professional software programmer/tester wouldn't miss this kind of issues.

I concur that the product management at Firaxis doesn't look like doing its job.

Considering apparently there is no (qualified) QA at Firaxis, their "beta patch" process is better than no beta, but still not good enough. Patch 1.20 has shown clearly how terrible last minute changes could be. If I were the manager, I'd ask them to release "rc patches" (release-candidate) for wide testing, and only when there is no problem, release the last rc patch as-is - WITHOUT CHANGES!

Although I put most complaint on Firaxis, the community is at part of the fault too. While some people repeatedly ask for new/cool features in the patch, reality has repeatedly shown that what a bad idea that is.

Please, people (esp. veteran players), refrain from making new requests! And Firaxis, pay attention to the true bugs! :mad:

Highlight the bugs I personally consider must-fix:
1. submarine
2. scientific age

And better to fix but not if you cannot make sure the fix is right:
* Culture calculation mismatch between city and nation.

Awesome, g2g finish my last game so I can update.

Originally posted by 80k
is it possible that this patch is an April Fool's joke?

:D

Nah, came out on the 31st. :lol:

Originally posted by Pounder
Does it say 1.20 on the title screen or 1.20f?

hehe, that reminds me of when CM4 in the UK released a final patch where the crossing the ball attribute had been replaced by a 'washing-up' attribute, a joke that they forgot to remove, they replaced the patch within the hour

on topic - honest views from the big players - is it worth updating?

Originally posted by ltccone
I only play SP or PBEM and I really like the patch. I'm sure they will release another patch soon to take care of the civilopedia and MP issues.
But doesn't the patch require you load PBEM with Multiplayer, not Singleplayer? Singleplayer loading is SO much faster that I couldn't stand having to go through multiplayer.

Or did I misread?

Originally posted by zurichuk
is it worth updating?
I say no. Because MP is totally shot in this release, and since it has nothing of great value over 1.15, I think 1.15 will probably remain the defacto standard. My suggestion to Firaxis would be to retract 1.20 to reduce confusion.

Originally posted by SirPleb

I say no. Because MP is totally shot in this release, and since it has nothing of great value over 1.15, I think 1.15 will probably remain the defacto standard. My suggestion to Firaxis would be to retract 1.20 to reduce confusion.

thanks, i must admit i have no personal issues with 1.15beta, even the 'sub' bug can be used to good advantage

ps love your sid hof write-up

When I read this thread, I start wondering where might be my CTP II CD?

Should I uninstall the beta patch before installing this one?

Originally posted by CivCube
Should I uninstall the beta patch before installing this one?

I don't think it matters...;)

Originally posted by Civrules

I don't think it matters...;)

I don't even play MP. :p Should I uninstall first?

in the Plague scenario radio is still there.
and appaently in mp there is a major problem. Damn, now i have to uninstall the thing

My opinion on this bogus patch release; The game designers should be more concerned with fixing existing errors/bugs rather than trying to remove techs from the tree and all of that jazz. Take the submarine bug, it's a known bug that hasn't been fixed for how many patches? Instead of removing the Radio tech, why not try and fix that bug?

Originally posted by CivCube

I don't even play MP. :p Should I uninstall first?

CC, you can just install it over the beta patch. :)

Does anyone know where one can still get the 1.15 patch? I installed 1.20 straight from the original version, and now I'm having trouble joining MP games, where everybody's running 1.15.

Top Bottom