C3C Widescreen

Smithcraft

Chieftain
Hello there!

I would like to play C3C either widescreen, or at least centered.

I found and tried the Civ3Resolution hacking program but it doesn't like the C3C application.

When I searched here, I found quite a few links for the windows version and editing the prefs file to have a statement keepres=1, but I can't seem to find my prefs file in my users prefs folder or in the users Application Support folder to see if that hack works with the Mac version.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

SC

I would love to have an answer to this question too!

When I searched here, I found quite a few links for the windows version and editing the prefs file to have a statement keepres=1, but I can't seem to find my prefs file in my users prefs folder or in the users Application Support folder to see if that hack works with the Mac version.

To safe you the trouble, I tried this before, and this doesn't seem to work for the Mac! :(

If you want to try it anyway, here is the .ini file:

~/Library/Preferences/Civilization 3 Complete/conquests.ini

There may not be a "keepres=0" to start with, so you have to add it

Have you tried holding down Command as you launch Civ3 to open the preferences dialog? That allows you to select the screen resolution and window/full screen modes.

Have you tried holding down Command as you launch Civ3 to open the preferences dialog? That allows you to select the screen resolution and window/full screen modes.

AAH, now there is something I haven't noticed yet! Yes, it works like a charm! :D

You're never to old to learn something....

Top Bottom