[C3C] WIP:Tales of Magic Realms (ToMR)

Welcome here Vojvoda :) Here are some threads that you should read before asking for help:

ADDING UNITs TO C3C: Thorough Guide for the Newbie - with this one you can already do a lot of work by yourself. Shorter version (a bit different too): How to add unit in C3C epic game. Mini HOWTO.

Then there are another lot of things to do but you need an image editor for that part. For example:

How to add resources to C3C - A guide
Tutorial: Making a units_32 pic

I would also recommend you to choose another editor among the following ones:

Steph's Expanded Editor for Civilisation III
Cross-Platform Editor by Quintillus

Hope that helps :) Believe me, you can do a LOT of things once you have the right tools and understand how modding works.

Welcome here Vojvoda :) Here are some threads that you should read before asking for help:

ADDING UNITs TO C3C: Thorough Guide for the Newbie - with this one you can already do a lot of work by yourself. Shorter version (a bit different too): How to add unit in C3C epic game. Mini HOWTO.

Then there are another lot of things to do but you need an image editor for that part. For example:

How to add resources to C3C - A guide
Tutorial: Making a units_32 pic

I would also recommend you to choose another editor among the following ones:

Steph's Expanded Editor for Civilisation III
Cross-Platform Editor by Quintillus

Hope that helps :) Believe me, you can do a LOT of things once you have the right tools and understand how modding works.

i got your message tyvm i saw those tutorials but mine i didnt make it to work and worst thing is i have some ideas which i need some1 who has skill to mod on Civ3 cuz alone i didnt do it
when i put map i will explain what i want to do

and ofc i alredy asked 1 friend to help me out i bookmarked all tutorials that u gave again TYVM

WIP update: will add two more Westandor factions cuz of balance of Eastandor empires (althou they were included in first version that i have on mine computer )

sixth one is called Kingdom of Dor
seventh one is called Kingdom of Tigoldan ( removed )

WIP update: cuz of balance i will ad 1 more to barbarians we will see for the name

number 5 barbarian faction is Sultanate of Shadizar

WIP update: atm i finished adding Evil factions correctly to map

there will be no settlers to use cuz cities and positons will b pre ordered and i would thx to Nathiri who joined me to finish this mod

WIP update: i edited so far Evil, Elvish, Dwarven factions

we gonna add 1 more resource for evil factions only: beasts

when we finish everything with Evil factions we gonna put it on reserved post

Last edited:
WIP update: Mages, Barbarians also added

and we have 1 more new member of mod Fortis that joined

WIP update: due to unbalanced power between Westandor and Eastandor faction i transferred 1 eastern faction to west and i pull out Kingdom of Tigoldan out from picture

Last edited:
WIP update: all factions are added to editor correctly,resources are made but still not edited, atm we are focused on naming regions and correct naming units for civilization, working on symbols, until we finished all those stuff we will not representing civilizations ( we gonna represent civ by civ ) u can see world map ( fictional name of world is Taedar)

Last edited:
WIP update: i added TT background to see atm w/o techs, work is atm focused on units classification by civilizations and resources are getting finished

Last edited:
WIP update: evil faction unit pack is 99% finished we only need 3 units as request to gaming community some1 to hlp us make it i sent offical request thru this topic and main unit request topic on forums we will not put faction description until we have all units completed

WIP update: elvish pack 95% dwarven 80% finished next one is mages and barbarians

Last edited:
WIP update: elvish and dwarf unit pack completed, missing type of units were replaced whit some units from DB but still i humble ask if some1 has enough skill to hlp us to create those units that i requested it will be rly nice ( i needed to lower number of units for elves and dwarfs cuz none unit from DB suits correctly for mod)

Sounds like an interesting mod. The map is very nice! Sorry can't help but hope you complete it.

Re unit makers. There are very few around and most of the unit makers left are making units for their own projects or for epic mods. I doubt you will be able to recruit a unit maker for fantasy units. My advice is to learn to make them yourself or make do with what units already have been made. I went with the later for my own unfinished fantasy mod as I don't have the time to learn or make units. I adapt my mod to fit what units are in the database.

Good luck!

EDIT: Oh and there are already many fine fantasy city sets. Perhaps some of those will do? Also, ask Kyriakos nicely and he may make you a set or two although he is pretty busy with his writing these days.

Search old threads/libraries as well as the DB as some older stuff is not in the DB.

tyvm nick0515 well i did use DB of civ forums but some things are missing in terms they dont fit in correctly in mine mod

EDIT: Oh and there are already many fine fantasy city sets. Perhaps some of those will do? Also, ask Kyriakos nicely and he may make you a set or two although he is pretty busy with his writing these days.

i asked i got only 1 reply that he will c about the mod pretty sure he is busy but nevertheless i ask 1 more time i need city/ingame building maker to recruit no neeed anymore for unit maker

WIP update: all unit packs are finished and 90% job on LH done needed just that flc animation for flags which i dont understand from tutorial but i hope mine friend will i asked him to hlp if some1 knows
Im not sure but i hope that tommorow i can represent all factions and units and their histories

Last edited:
WIP update: trying to add evil factions on forum be patient:)

Last edited:
HELP NEEDED contact me and Nathiri thru pvt msg we need buiding maker/scripter/ editor and 1 more guy for pcx files and 1 more scripter-editor guy

WIP update: new bonus units for mine mod as auxillary troops or better yet bannerman troops

Also im working on specific quest items that will give u enough VPs so u can win VP setup competion (they will be putted in same post as Bonus units)

next Civ/Units to be represented is elvish

WIP update: next ones are barbarians

again any kind of help regarding involving for mine mod is welcomed i need some1 who knows about building making, tech tree advisor and scripter/editor.

Top Bottom