C7 Progress and Announcement Thread

WildWeazel

Carthago Creanda Est
maxresdefault.jpg
My fellow CivFanatics,
It has been exactly one year today since I revealed our intention to make our own Civ. Coincidentally, Civ3 is now old enough to drink! :beer:

For those just joining us, C7 is a WIP open source 4X game, built with the Godot Engine by Civ fans, with the goal of allowing full reuse of Civ3 mod content in an all new engine with more advanced features, mods, graphics, and system support.

Last year several of us announced that after much research and discussion, we felt that this was a viable pursuit. Since then we have made substantial progress with 5 pre-alpha releases thanks to 10 code constributors. Our most recent release is Carthage: Preview 3 with another coming very soon.

We all start somewhere, right?
You can find out much more about C7 or get involved yourself in our project sub-(sub-sub...sub-?)forum, Civ3 Future Development. Or go directly to the release page for the latest downloads.

This thread will be a place for announcements such as new releases, and to introduce C&C newcomers to our work.

Last edited:

Quintillus

Archiving Civ3 Content
Supporter
As @WildWeazel said, another was coming very soon. Thus:

Carthage Preview 4 is now available!

This adds five bug fixes (including catching those zombies that were traipsing around for Halloween), and also teaches the AI to try to take out barbarian camps near their cities.

Takhisis

¡Patria y vida!
That pic should say ‘turn’, but OK.

/subscription post

ajb

Chieftain
Well then, simply shocking! I'm looking forward to seeing this continue to progress!

Will it have the ability to have more than the usual max players (or did I miss that part)?

My apologies for hijacking the thread for an off topic question (regular civ3), but if I have barbarians attacking a settlement with no_raze enabled, will they destroy a level one settlement, or just pillage it? (I have pre placed settlements which i do not want destroyed, however I'd like for the barbarians to have some sophisticated attack units, who can really challenge the player/AI civilizations. . . ideally I want one area to essentially remain level one settlements because of the perpetual barbarian attacks, which will foce actual armies to be sent to that area to clean things up)?

Top Bottom