Cage vs Niklas and Cubsfan

Here's the spreadsheet I cooked for you, Whomp. You have a chop, I don't, so your granary comes earlier. It also means you'll have to produce spears and archers from remote locations. It will however give you a fair amount of upgradeable vet warriors so you can have MP's and eventually swords to retaliate with. Take it or leave it or tweak it, whichever. Everyone is welcome to give it a shot.

Highlighted are the current turn, the first settler, the opening of the 4-turner and that of the full 4-turn warrior-settler pump (same turn for me).

Your factory grows to warrior-settler at one point, but you can keep working the unmined silk every turn except on warrior turns. We both enter full factory capacity on turn 52, though you will have had 6 settlers out to my 3. These cities will HAVE to pump military out, quick. I'll do barracks first in most if not all instances, you'll have to find clever things to do ;)

Hopefully Niklas won't do a barrack - mass jags from scratch. That could be very disruptive on a tiny map. I still think we could hold him off but it would cost us.

Attachments

• cage start plan (version 3).zip
    34.3 KB · Views: 158
Re-worked plan for Whomp, in .gif

My warrior found what looks like a possible land bridge. I'll post a picture next turn to see what we've got.

I think I'll start forwarding you (and the team email?) my received save along with yours so you can take a look. I think I have hit a well prepared choke point where a tile is surrounded on all sides by rivers. Perfect defensive location.

Here's a picture of the land bridge. Two turns to wheel.

B--I think my first city should plant right on the horse hill. I know it's XoX off the capital but it will hook up horses so much faster and I really doubt I'll need all the tiles in the capital.

I'm also an adept of XoX 2nd, for convenience reasons, see my dutch spoiler on CDZ. I'm all for it.

I trust you're on schedule for that #2 settler, I'm building 2 spears after my barrack finishes, then 2 settlers. There's a 2-tile choke on the channel so I'll send them up there.

Sent this one to the team email for anyone to go see.

team.babe@gmail.com - nuts

cubsfan's save: Rome - canuck
Beorn's save: Iroquois - grossman

I'll get my settler this turn and the second settler will be started. I'm not sure where the 3rd city should be so I'll post a pic. I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to have cities south and east (further from them) since I'll have the benefit of speed.

btw I do have excel on this machine after all. :mischief:

Settler going to the hill. The chop came in after I hit enter and HBR in ~8. :devil:
Pink dot possibly next?
We may have another land bridge. :mischief:

So, even with civivor done, most of my (few) PBEM's either over or in the way early turns, nothing on the schedule from Mauer's tournament at CDZ and backing away from both Larkin's SG and the current SGOTM, I'm finding less and less time for civ.

Got a full time grad load plus a part-time teaching task and it's eating away every brain cell I have that used to be chilling around the games alley. I'm starting to feel a bit like those uncles I have who get home from the job, open a beer and go brain dead on the couch for a while to recharge their batteries before dinner. I'm not sure whether that makes me old or just means I'm too busy.

Either way, I'd like a sub for the game against Council. I realize most people have probably read their spoiler thread, so it might be hard to come by. Still, on the off chance someone kept it one-sided, my seat is eagerly vacant.

It is now at a very interesting stage, with both teams having a lot of ways to win it. This is not a second-rate deal.[/used car salesman voice]

Anyone interested?

I would jump in but I followed both spoilers threads and thus, not able to play, sorry :(

Top Bottom