Calculator

Infantry#14

Emperor
Hi, I believe this is the first time I post in this forum. I had civ4 colonization in my hard-drive for several years and I decided to start playing it again for some casual games. Just wondering, is there a mod that provides a calculator in game so that I can find out my profit before selling my goods? This is useful when I want to trade with the Indians but not sure whether the alternative of selling to Europe is better if my tax rate is too high/too low. Thanks.

Edit: I think this might have been a good feature every time you sell goods to a certain Indian city or Europe: before you can make your transaction, the game tells you whether you have the best deal. For example, if I am to sell 100 cigars to a local Indian city, before the transaction, the game tells me the message of either "This is a good deal!", or "You can get (X) amount more profit if you sell in Europe and/or the Iroquois City Y you have visited previously."

Well, having no calculator is a good training for the brain... ;)

But as a hint: when you have a wagon/ship loaded with some goods, just hover over that particular wagon/ship and the value (price you get in Europe, taxes deducted) will be shown. This may give you enough information to decide, if the transaction offered by the natives is a good business or not... :D

And a second hint: Do you play the vanilla version of Colonization? If yes, I would suggest to play either TAC or RaR. These mods are enhancing and balancing the gameplay dramatically.

Top Bottom