1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Calculator

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Strategy & Tips' started by Infantry#14, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Infantry#14

Infantry#14 Chieftain

Hi, I believe this is the first time I post in this forum. I had civ4 colonization in my hard-drive for several years and I decided to start playing it again for some casual games. Just wondering, is there a mod that provides a calculator in game so that I can find out my profit before selling my goods? This is useful when I want to trade with the Indians but not sure whether the alternative of selling to Europe is better if my tax rate is too high/too low. Thanks.

Edit: I think this might have been a good feature every time you sell goods to a certain Indian city or Europe: before you can make your transaction, the game tells you whether you have the best deal. For example, if I am to sell 100 cigars to a local Indian city, before the transaction, the game tells me the message of either "This is a good deal!", or "You can get (X) amount more profit if you sell in Europe and/or the Iroquois City Y you have visited previously."

2. Willi_Tell

Willi_Tell praefectus praetorio

Well, having no calculator is a good training for the brain... ;)

But as a hint: when you have a wagon/ship loaded with some goods, just hover over that particular wagon/ship and the value (price you get in Europe, taxes deducted) will be shown. This may give you enough information to decide, if the transaction offered by the natives is a good business or not... :D

And a second hint: Do you play the vanilla version of Colonization? If yes, I would suggest to play either TAC or RaR. These mods are enhancing and balancing the gameplay dramatically.