Call me completely crazy BUT: I think I nailed Celts as viable Civ

I'm just tired of hearing that. Even if A is objectively superior to B, it doesn't mean that the inclusion of B obligates me to include A.

You aren't obligated to do anything, Leoreth. You could retire and live a long, German life if you wanted. We're just say, hey! this is a good idea, maybe for a birthday present Leoreth can work on this when he wants to practice his computer skills. Although, the Turkic Civilization is still on the top of my wishlist.

Then what is the point of including this kind of argument?

It only ends up being offputting.

Y'know my birthday is coming up... and I never ask for anything... and the Celts would be pretty cool...

There could potentially be two civs representing the celts :
the continental celts and the picts/scottish. Both would be unplayable, exept by human only. This would thus solve the "great migration" issue, moreover it would be fun to play and it'd add something to the gameplay IMO.

This is a pretty good idea, actually. Give Rome something to actually conquer. It could respawn later as the "Celtic League."

There could potentially be two civs representing the celts :
the continental celts and the picts/scottish. Both would be unplayable, exept by human only. This would thus solve the "great migration" issue, moreover it would be fun to play and it'd add something to the gameplay IMO.

I think that would be a bit much, "the great migration" is main reason playing Celts would be fun in the first place. Playing as Scots would be no fun at all, you'd have nothing to do except turtle in the top corner being smashed by England (which is basically why I was always against Celts).

I think you can do it with AI, again Phoenicia now plays quite well for computer & human.

I am certain that Celts needs more redesign, ultimately to give Roman more challenge that just "be there to lose".
It's not fun while playing as Rome and Lutetia spawn without any units guarding.... like you could just send a lone Warrior and takeover the city.
Boring. Taking fully guarded Lutetia with more development is more challenging and require strategies.

I still see no reason for me though why I should support it to be a Human playable civilization.

You have two emperors as avatar. Coincidence? I don't think so.

And one is the best emperor after the other.

But neither of them is Trajan. :confused:

And neither is Augustus!

Mine is, in fact, Augustus, by the way. ;)

But neither of them is Trajan. :confused:

I wouldn't consider Trajan the best emperor, but he was a very good one. He was called one of the Five Good Emperors by Machiavelli for a reason. Now, the question is, is being complimented by Machiavelli a good thing, or a bad thing? :lol:

Top Bottom