1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Call of Duty World War II

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Paul in Saudi, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Paul in Saudi

Paul in Saudi Chieftain

It is Eid and I am bored. I am playing Call of Duty World War II on my low-end PC. Despite the warning, I am using a video setting that taxes my computer. (As a result, dead Germans make strange stretchy figures.)

I am doing Mission One, Omaha Beach. I am at the last of the five bunkers. When you enter this bunker, a German comes out of nowhere to do some hand-to-hand. I cannot beat him. Further, when I return to the previous checkpoint, I discover I am in the same place fighting the same crazed German.

I have gone to various walkthoughs. They tell me to follow the prompts on the screen. Cool. I got this German with a bayonet coming at me. The screen has a small F in a circle. The symbol moves slowly on the screen.

Hitting F does nothing obvious. Hitting Q for Close-Quarter Battle does nothing obvious. Moving my mouse does nothing obvious. Using my finger on the touch screen does nothing obvious.

I die then it all starts again.

When I go back to "Restart Mission," I end up back on Omaha Beach.

I suspect this is partially operator error and perhaps also a software problem.

Any ideas?

2. sherbz

sherbz Chieftain

Eid Mubarak to you.

I dont like your chances of getting an answer on here. Very few people play COD here (if any). All i can do is recommend 100 other games that are far more deserving of your time :thumbsup:

3. Moff Jerjerrod

Moff Jerjerrod Chieftain

As luck would have it I'm one of the few members here that have played COD WW2 but on PS4. I got through that mission where you fight that German in the bunker. Sounds like there could be an issue with the game because I don't remember that fight being too tough. It's all a matter of reacting fast enough to the prompts that come on screen. Is your game patched to the latest version?