1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

call to power curser freezes

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by Civ4newbie, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

hi, I am having a technical issue with my classic call to power game. i can start my game and it works for about 1 o 2 game turns butt then the cursor freezes for the game so i canot play it at all and that freezes my computer so i have to reststart the computer using he keyboard. please help me fix this problem i havea dell labtop inspirion3000 series and using windows 8,i have no idea what to do..:confused:

2. Souron

Souron The Dark Lord

Assuming it's not a game bug, I would guess that the problem is you don't have enough RAM. You can test this by using task manager to monitor memory usage while you play the game. If the memory usage of your game grows substantially more than your physical memory, that would confirm it. You can also look at "commit charge", which is the same thing except for the entire system instead of just your game.

If that's the problem, you might be able to buy RAM for your brand of laptop to upgrade it.

3. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

CTP is pretty old for it to be a RAM issue. How much RAM did the average game require in 1998? 16MB?

4. Civ4newbie

Civ4newbie Warlord

well it said to it needed 2mb of video ram, 1997 or later or it required 64 mb of ram with Pentium 200mhs. I have 870 gb of disk drive space. my labtop is about a year old, I still don't know whatit could be

5. Serutan

Serutan Eatibus Anythingibus

It's probably Windows 8. The Civ 2 forum's Technical support area is the best place for this question.

6. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff