Calling all ladies! Male or female.

Are you a man or woman?

• Man

Votes: 340 91.2%
  • Woman

Votes: 33 8.8%

• Total voters
Well that was another possibility I considered (actually, it was the first thing that came to mind, I just dismissed it as being unlikely). But I still don't get it from her first post. Unless that means first post ever, I assumed it meant first post in this thread.

She actually explained it in one of her first posts over in the Welcome Thread. She really should put a link to that in her sig; folks keep asking about it, and I think she's getting annoyed with addressing it.

This is an interesting poll as I have often wondered about women and pc games. Someone mentioned it seems that this poll indicates 9% of the players are women and 11% of the Civ4 leaderheads are women. (Implying Firaxis may have used statistical data to determine leaderhead genders.)

Tell me, do you girls also play other pc games: Total War, DOW, COH, Combat Mission, etc. or just Civ4?

(Darn! Pardon my bump of this thread, but I thought it was current and didn't realize it was from June of last year!)

This is an interesting poll as I have often wondered about women and pc games. Someone mentioned it seems that this poll indicates 9% of the players are women and 11% of the Civ4 leaderheads are women. (Implying Firaxis may have used statistical data to determine leaderhead genders.)

Tell me, do you girls also play other pc games: Total War, DOW, COH, Combat Mission, etc. or just Civ4?

(Darn! Pardon my bump of this thread, but I thought it was current and didn't realize it was from June of last year!)

Morgan Webb plays Adventure and action games, she'll play just about anything really so long as it has action in it.

Adrieanne Curry plays World of Warcraft.

So no it's not just Strategy games they play but all sorts.

As an ex-programmer, anything that's very hard (intelectually) goes for me

As an ex-programmer, anything that's very hard (intelectually) goes for me

Good clarification for those prone to a prurient turn of mind. :p

And if y'all are going to necro a thread, it might as well be one where I had the last word. :D

"You're nicked"?

Hey don't call me old! But thanks for calling me a beauty. You're not too bad yourself Lemon.

Woman! I don't play any other strategy games, though. Actually I don't play any other games. Blame the comp near crashing.:p

-holds up hand- Female here as well.

And Acronym2, I only really play Civ. Online games are out for me, I have a very unreliable and slow net connection. Other games - I used to, but found I was only ever really playing Civ. I just wasn't getting my money's worth out of anything else :)

But everyone knows there no girls on teh interwebs! Rule 30 explicitly states:

rules of teh interwebs said:
30. There are NO girls on the internet.

Don't you knows rules are meant to be broken?

If there were no females on intrawebz, who will you cyber with? :D

I voted man, and I'm proud to be one two! :D :cool:

I'm also supprised that I'm not the youngest person on the fourms (I'm 14).

bestrfcplayer

Think there're more girls playing than showing on these forums. I think it's closer to the 15-20 %, but I might be wrong

Top Bottom