Calling all Let's Play creators, readers and viewers!

Can we have a sticky thread of how to make a LP video at few cost? I'm interested to do some. Probably without commentaries, like DaveMcW, because i just suck when i speak english(big accent).

Link to video.

Thanks Dave! :goodjob:

This seemed the best thread to post this....
How is Stories and Tales at all related to Never Ending Stories bar them sharing a word?

NES came from the Civ3 Stories & Tales forum. The NES moderator requested similar links in the Civ4 and Civ5 forums because the Stories & Tales forums are the natural source of new NES participants. NES and Stories & Tales are quite similar, except that one of them doesn't involve Civilization.

NES came from the Civ3 Stories & Tales forum. The NES moderator requested similar links in the Civ4 and Civ5 forums because the Stories & Tales forums are the natural source of new NES participants. NES and Stories & Tales are quite similar, except that one of them doesn't involve Civilization.
Can we have some links the other way then? :cool:

Which way?

And since the changes are now done, the forum has been renamed, the threads will be moved in the next time, will be prefixed, MadDjinn will create the sticky, etc. pp.
Will leave this thread here for a couple of days so that everyone notices it.

Which way?
On the NES forums to all the S&Ts (and S&LP), We are always looking for new readers and seeing as S&T is so similar to NES they seem a natural source of readers (and in the case of interactive stories, players).

Any luck getting us a link in NES? :D

Haven't pestered the admins yet.
I'm also not quite sure if it makes sense at all.
I think the NESers are more probably people, who are already beyond the normal civ life, or have discovered that section after going through the normal civ sections, so they probably know about S&T/LP (while it's probably not the same the other way round).

Not including people who have come from S&T (Olaf, Tycho e.c.t) I only see one or two names I recognise as posting in S&T (bare in mind I mainly post in S&T IV of course).
I think the story forums are generally ignored though, even if they have looked at them a long time ago they have different styles of story and Interactive things and seen as how great they would be in these (NES's are basically little stories, some of there single orders are basically as long as a short story) this is not an opportunity that cannot be missed.

Sounds like a great idea, but just make absolutely sure that patch details are made clear for each LP as what worked well for previous iterations of Civ5 doesn't always work for later iterations.

Perhaps each LP could come with a compatibility guide, briefly stating which parts of the LP are no longer relevant due to patch changes. This will help reduce confusion and increase relevance.

Not including people who have come from S&T (Olaf, Tycho e.c.t) I only see one or two names I recognise as posting in S&T (bare in mind I mainly post in S&T IV of course).
I think the story forums are generally ignored though, even if they have looked at them a long time ago they have different styles of story and Interactive things and seen as how great they would be in these (NES's are basically little stories, some of there single orders are basically as long as a short story) this is not an opportunity that cannot be missed.

The people who prefer the one or the other might just be different, so that there are not many overlaps :dunno:.

As another point, the admin just had made clear, that internal links to other forums to redirect posters in the right direction will not be added anymore, due to the fear of too much clutter.
Not sure if this would also apply here, but I'm not tempted to ask atm ^^.

Sounds like a great idea, but just make absolutely sure that patch details are made clear for each LP as what worked well for previous iterations of Civ5 doesn't always work for later iterations.

We hope that we can make sure that every thread has at least the version number in it :).

Perhaps each LP could come with a compatibility guide, briefly stating which parts of the LP are no longer relevant due to patch changes. This will help reduce confusion and increase relevance.

Uh...that would mean we'd have to go through every thread after each patch, and write down the differences...sorry...no way, too much work.

NES is a pretty buzzing place. Over half a million posts, currently 21 people viewing. ;)

Never heard of NES until you mentioned it. I read a little of faq and viewed a few posts and still have no idea what it is. Is it a werewolf type forum game? If so, what does it have to do with Civ5?

I think the Lets Play videos belongs to the strategy and tips forums. Many people started to become better player seeing deity players playing. Usually the video's authors explain the choices they do and etc.

I just see this section of the forums. I dont know about the others but when I started to looking for how to improve in Civ, I went straight to the strategy sections. Maybe for new players it will be hard to see the video series.

Sorry about my english guys. Thats my opinion.

Top Bottom