Can anyone post a MP modpack for the Vox Populi 7-1 version?

AlphaKappa

Chieftain
Hi,

Before I go about trying to learn how to create a modpack, I was wondering if someone here wouldn't mind helping me out by posting a download of one they've made? I'm just looking for a basic modpack of the new Vox Populi 7-1 beta to play multiplayer. If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Alex

I'm sorry Alex, but I can't get a modpack to work in multiplayer with the latest Beta. I'm waiting for the next beta version to see if I can create a working modpack in Multiplayer, if I can't I will post a bug report on GitHub to see if VP devs can help me/us.

Maybe someone better than me in the process of building a modpack can help us ?

Do not use guide from wiki, its outdated and Broken - at some point.

InGame.lua is outdated there, also... this file MUST be generated by MPMPWM if your aim it to create modpack with additional buttons from mods other than Vox. [InGame.lua] at guide, is only for 'Vox modpack'.

Most likely new espionage window doesnt working for you and all people, because of that
Just go to \Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\UI\InGame.lua and add at the bottom
Code:
ContextPtr:LoadNewContext("EspionageChoicePopup")
no need to create modpack from start.

So if you look at modpack guide Ignore "1". Thats all.

"For Vox Populi 2-9 (February 9, 2020) and later:
  • 1: Place the new InGame.lua (from the InGame.zip you downloaded in step 1) in MP_MODSPACK/UI. Replace the existing file.
  • 2: Navigate to MP_MODSPACK/Mods/(1) Community Patch (v94)/Core Files/CoreLua and delete the InGame.lua file in that destination. These extra steps are necessary, otherwise you will be missing buttons."

From the main 7-1 thread. I made this modpack using those amended instructions and it works in MP just fine. This is actually the most stable edition we've played thusfar- we've even enabled the Events system and Barbarians, which we had to diable previously for stability.

From the main 7-1 thread. I made this modpack using those amended instructions and it works in MP just fine. This is actually the most stable edition we've played thusfar- we've even enabled the Events system and Barbarians, which we had to diable previously for stability.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to provide a version of this without EUI? I've tried to just edit the pack myself, and thought the solution to be as simple as removing UI_bc1 but that seems to remove crucial elements of the game's base UI as well.

I tried this modpack with my friend and we would get a loading screen every couple of turns. Did you experience the same thing or is it just something on our end?

Top Bottom