Can Anyone Verify the Conquistador Unit is Broken?

I have been unable to initiate the auto-convert function on the conquistador since Oct 2018.

I move the conquistador adjacent to a city then conquer it but the auto-conversion function doesn't happen. Sometimes the majority religion is reduced below 50% with none of my religion added to the mix and sometimes nothing happens at all.

At first I thought it was due to a combination of mods. Finally after not being able to rationally narrow down the cause over 4 separate games it's happened in, I unsubscribed from all mods and just played with the base game. It still happened. This leads me to think either the game/conquistador is broken or it is something to do with my specific computer.

I'm pretty sure I was able to do it in November or so..., and with several mods running. Have you Verified your files thru Steam lately? That cleared up some weirdness I was experiencing recently.

I did it every time while playing Spain Civ of the week. And got era score every time which seems broken. Haven't tested this with Gathering Storm, however. I have noticed inquisitors have changed slightly, but seems doubtful that affected conquistadors.

I've sorted this matter out. It's still broken with various mods I use and I've been unable to figure out exactly which ones. It does work without them but in a way I was unaware of.
Edit: It looks like I'm still confused. Apparently the city is being converted to my dominant religion (which is something other than my religion due to recent conquests). But it does indeed work!
Edit2: My misunderstanding of my favorite civ has compounded but now I know the truth of the matter. The conquistador auto-convert function works with mods as well but didn't work with my particular games because I didn't have a dominant religion.
Edit3: If any moderator stumbles on this thread and considers it SPAM, feel free to delete it. I have half a mind to delete it myself but who knows, it might be of some use to someone having the same trouble someday.

Last edited:
Top Bottom