1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

can Assault mechs be upgraded from mech inf?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by modifieda4, Mar 30, 2008.

1. modifieda4

modifieda4 Chief Time Waster

2. Polobo

Polobo Emperor

What is an assault mech? Mech. Inf. is the last upgrade along the gunpowder line of units in BtS. I assume you are playing a mod and may want to ask in the forum for your mod (or, just build a mech inf and once you can build your assault mech try and upgrade the mech inf.)

3. Permanganate

Permanganate Chieftain

He's talking about NextWar.

Just look in the pedia for Mechanized Infantry, and it'll tell you if it upgrades. I can't be bothered to load up that mod to check for you, because it's not that great - the endgame doesn't really change, because you can only have a few Assault Mechs and Titans and they're not cost-effective compared to vanilla units.

4. Cabay Jet

Cabay Jet Warlord

Titans? What Titans?...

Mech. Infantry don't currently upgrade to Assault Mechs in Next War and I think it should stay that way. Assault Mechs are just too powerful to be had the cost of a couple hundred gold, since Mech. Infantry is still around when you have gone through the entire Next War tech tree. It over balances things.

5. modifieda4

modifieda4 Chief Time Waster

thanks for the answers :)