1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can be a scout, can be a soldier, but I cannot be a dragoon?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Bug Reports' started by SpankyStL, Oct 20, 2012.

1. SpankyStL

SpankyStL Chieftain

This happens alot to me in the mid- to late-game stages. I'll have pleanty of weapons and horses, I can make a colonist become a soldier, or a scout, but I cannot make him into a dragoon.

At this point, the error occurs to maybe 40 or 50% of the colonist from then to the end of the game. I have learned to play with more soldiers than I prefer.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something?

2. dalgo

dalgo Chieftain

Welcome to the forum SpankyStL [party] :band: :popcorn: :beer:

I have never come across this problem, the only thing I can think of is that you are playing with Washington as your leader and trying to convert soldiers into dragoons. Because Washington allows your soldiers to use only half as many guns there won't be enough to make a dragoon unless you have extra guns in your colony.

3. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Are you playing a mod ?
    (Some mods have different yields required for the professions.)

4. SpankyStL

SpankyStL Chieftain

I figured out the problem, and yes you are right. I was playing Washington, and I expected Dragoons to have the same reduced-weapons benefit. Everything is all right now. Thanks for your replies.:goodjob: