Can Civ game finish in a draw?

ahmedhadzi

Relocation Consultant
I just had this thought. If all the victory conditions have been disabled (for the obvious reasons) except time victory, can game finish in a draw? That two or more players finish with the same score. And if anyone could pull that out I would vote him king of Civ:king:, because I think it would be tremendous effort.
So, any thought how that could be done, and was anyone close to this?

This sounds interesting... I should try it some time. If I do, that I will be sure to post it here (that is if someone tells me how you type the print key on a mac).

Yeah, I knew that. Its just I use Boot Camp so I can run windows thus I can play BtS. So, Apple+Shift+3 doesn't work, and since I use a mac keyboard, I don't have the print key.

Thanks for trying though.

I'm pretty sure victory conditions are checked in order of turn, so even for time victory, if two civs happened to have exactly the same score at the end of the game, the one who had their turn first would probably win. I can't confirm that from a game though! :lol:

I'm pretty sure victory conditions are checked in order of turn, so even for time victory, if two civs happened to have exactly the same score at the end of the game, the one who had their turn first would probably win. I can't confirm that from a game though! :lol:

I'm pretty sure that this would happen. Whoever gets their turn first wins. If you're in a tie with the AI, it's gonna find a weird bone to throw at you to make sure somehow he gets an extra point from a random pop increase event or some stuff like that. I hate this RNG guy.

Well even if that is the case, tuning your score on time victory would be great thing in my opinion.

Is the reason why no one is mentioning you can't win a tie in a space race is because if they land on the same turn, they look at something else to judge from to declare the winner (for example, the score)?

Is the reason why no one is mentioning you can't win a tie in a space race is because if they land on the same turn, they look at something else to judge from to declare the winner (for example, the score)?

No. Again, I'd assume it's simply the person who has their turn first who wins by spaceship.

Time Victory is judged at the end of a set of turns. They don't let the player do one turn without the AI doing one. It's still possible theoretically.

To achieve this in practice, you could wipe everyone out except for one civilization. Then balance the score by gifting techs and cities. And if you happen to have a gigantic lead, let your cities starve. To prevent you from falling behind in score, you could play Noble so things are completely fair.

Role playing challenge! End in a tie by time! Marathon, HOF mod, no restarting.

I've had games where during the game I've been tied with some civilization in score, and the game always ranked that civ above me. I wouldn't be surprised if on a Time-only VC the tie would go to the AI.

Role playing challenge! End in a tie by time! Marathon, HOF mod, no restarting.

Hahah, let's be realistic, let's allow reloads. Just for the sake of argument. And I don't really know mechanics but isn't that after every turn of ALL CIVS is check for victory conditions turn, like in Axis & Allies?

Top Bottom