1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can CIv II Work on Windows XP? IMPORTANT...HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by PenguinKommando, Oct 29, 2005.

1. PenguinKommando

PenguinKommando Chieftain

I recently bought a 4-deal of games consisting of Civ II (the one I wanted) and like 3others. I have a Windows XP but my grandmother has our old computer with Windows 95, the original computer I played Civ II on. I tried installing Civ II on my XP computer, but it keeps coming up with all these "cannot find SHELL.DLL errors" Ive tried everything, and cant bring the computer home from my grandmother because she is 90 and wants to do some lame 400 page full family tree before she dies (By "she" she meant "PenguinKommando would do it") so now if I ever see her she ropes me into typing her geanalogy reports. So I wanna know if I can get it to work on my computer....Please?(I cant tell my parents because they wil be pissed and say I was ripped off and wasted my 12 dollars, etc. and leave the person on e-bay bad feedback, and the guy wasnt really trying to rip me off)
    I ahve tried placing a downloaded copy of SHELL.DLL wherever I could think to put it so that it would matter. but nothing works. Also, after telling me 3 times that it couldnt find SHELL.DLL it comes up with some, File not found:
    c:MPS/CIV2/civ2.exe(or one of its components) could not be found. Make sure the path and filename are correct - blah blah blah.

2. Titi

Titi Chieftain