1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Can Diety be difficult if you aren't a warmonger?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Leathaface, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I'm thinking of playing on Deity since I win on Immortal easily. I am not a warmonger and I like to found my own cities. I certainly don't like to archer rush a nearby civ in the Ancient era, take that civ out and snowball hard from there.

Can Diety be challenging with these conditions? As I said I win easily on Immortal so i'm skeptical.

2. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Chieftain

It's still easy, but you'll have to use your brain since there's quite a big head start to catch up with.

3. Kibikus

Kibikus Chieftain

In my opinion, a lot of the difficulty in the game comes from random factors such as spawn locations. Sometimes you can spawn surrounded by AI civs where there is not much you can do, or it becomes a combat grind. Other times you spawn with a lot of space and the game feels like a breeze.

Generally, if you are familiar with the game mechanisms and if you survive after turn 40-50 on Deity, you're probably going to win the game most of the time .

comatosedragon likes this.
  4. The Highwayman

The Highwayman Chieftain

It can be challenging if an enemy spawns right next to you, since the three settlers they get can squeeze your territory quick. That’s about the only difference. Build your defenses early and put them on your borders and you can easily win peacefully on Deity.