Can Heroic II / Golden age be turned off in C2C?

bosstone

Chieftain
I saw a bit of this thread before, but I'm thousands of turns into a game and the Golden Age benefit of Heroic II has me in a 2,000+ year Golden Age! Normally that would be sweet but it's actually ruining the game for me.

Is there any way to edit my save file or anything else that would pull this out?

Obviously I could do a hard restart and not use that promotion but man that sounds like a big restart!

I saw a bit of this thread before, but I'm thousands of turns into a game and the Golden Age benefit of Heroic II has me in a 2,000+ year Golden Age! Normally that would be sweet but it's actually ruining the game for me.

Is there any way to edit my save file or anything else that would pull this out?

Obviously I could do a hard restart and not use that promotion but man that sounds like a big restart!

You could go into WorldBuilder (Ctrl-W) and remove that promotion from the unit. I have put a fix in C2C which should reduce the effect. You should no longer get a golden age when you are in a golden age.

Simply removing the ability to "stack" golden ages like that should definitely fix the problem.

Is there any way in World Builder to remove the current golden age of 2,000 years that I'm in?

Top Bottom