Can I attack a scout- using a warrior?

phantomresponse

Chieftain
I'm Aztec
Ive been chasing this guy 4 the past 10 minutes and reading the forums for another 20 lol

I even landed on his square.

I'm not at war-- i wanna SNEAK ATTACK :lol:

Yes, you can attack a scout with a warrior. You just need to declare war.

Unless you recently signed a peace treaty with him, you should be able to declare war and attack his scout.

When you landed on his square, didn't you get a prompt asking if this meant war?

ahh - troytheface. The Andy Kaufman of civfanatics.

Favorite line from that thread:

"Single leader civs with recourceless unique units are better for early aggression according to Venn Diagram Analysis "

Holy plains cow. I'd never heard of this Andy Kaufman, but I laughed really hard just from the Wikipedia entry on him.

I suppose troytheface ("try the face") aka Attacko was kind of like him: quirky, he often sounded simple and yet, every once in awhile, he'd make you scratch your head, "wait, he's got a point here".

If you got a situation where worker stealing is a good idea, then you really do need enough experience to get Woodsman II units, which is risky unless you are attacking scouts. It's quirky, but useful every once in awhile.

Archers on hills and protecting cities are really hard to dislodge, but Attacko would take it to the extreme, saying that it doesn't matter how bad your situation is because all you needed was an archer on an ice hill and you could take them.

And so on. It was entertaining read, with interesting quotes from military geniuses, misapplied and shoehorned into Civ IV.

Can I attack a scout- using a warrior?

i'm aztec
ive been chasing this guy 4 the past 10 minutes and reading the forums for another 20 lol

i even landed on his square.

I'm not at war-- i wanna sneak attack :lol:

this guy is a deity player.

worker stealing-- is risky unless you are attacking scouts.

surpriseATTACKO.jpg

Best solution is just to declare war then move on their tile during the same turn, that will ensure that you attack them

On Attacko:
Spoiler :
the evidence is clear- Scout Kill for the heros of tommorrow- school girl marmishness
for the protectors of sentence structure.

That seriously made my day. God bless you Attacko!

Top Bottom