Can I hot-tag/team my armies?

AndarielHalo

Prince
I have a big mess of units in the form of armies that I've split apart, and others that I've put together.

Is there a way to label the units of a certain group in order to keep track of armies? Like with Command & Conquer games?

You can name individual units and Great Generals.. though i'm unsure if you can name group.
Maybe you could try naming an infantry unit of an army for example:
3rd Infantry Division, 1st Army Group

Simple enough to just select all units of a specific type in a tile by holding CTRL. Can also try CTRL 1,2, etc to make hotkeys but this can get messy if you start splitting your stack.

It hotkeys exactly like command and conquer. Which is terrible, because a unit can't carry multiple hotkey groups. If you rehotkey a unit, it will lose its previous group.

Control to hotkey, shift clicking will add units to your selection, which you can then rehotkey. Pressing the hotkey will automatically center the unit.

I strongly suggest hotkeying your workers, especially if you're going to prechop/cancel orders.

Let's say you want your first worker to build a road for 1 turn, then cancel orders and move. You have to
1. find the worker
2. left click the worker
3 Right click to move it one tile, press r to road.
Now your worker is automatically deselected and the game moves on to your next unit.
4. So now, find worker again
5. Left click worker
6 Backspace to cancel

If it's at control 1,
you press 1
right click move, press r
1 backspace

I'm renaming generals (Michel Ney and Marquis de Grouchy command my largest armies), and the best units get renamed "Old Guard #"

But you say I CAN group them like with RTS games? Ctrl + 1 labels a group so when I press 1 again, it will bring up that group?

I see, indeed it is working like that. Thank you

Top Bottom