1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can i play CIV - VI on this Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by AntonBA, Jul 6, 2017.

1. AntonBA

AntonBA Chieftain

Hi guys

Is there any chance I'll be able to play Civ VI somewhat decent on this mac:

MacBook Pro
    Retina, 13", ultimo 2013
    Processor 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5
    Hukommelse 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Grafik Intel Iris 1536 MB
    Serienummer C02LW1LSFH03
    Software OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Hope someone can answer so I dont have to buy it to find out I can't.

Thanks in advance.

Best Anton

2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

I have a similar MacBook Pro. It works on lowest setting and the cooler gets loud. It's not always fluent, but I got used to that quickly. Turn times in the late game are really slow. Stay away from maps with more than 8 players.
    Some mods that change the UI make it almost unplayable for some reason.

3. AntonBA

AntonBA Chieftain

Thanks for the answer Siptah...

I guess I'll have to stay away from it then.. It is unbearable to play if the end game takes minutes to load each turn..

Might try to catch it on sale at some point.

4. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

The problem with the 13" MacBooks and Civ VI is really the slower CPUs. I think most players could do with the minima graphic settings and the game not being fluid. But the turn times in the late game are really painful sometimes. But it's really much, much better with 4-6 players-