1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can I resurrect Poland or is it too late

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by CallMeDale, Jan 4, 2019.

?

is this strategy possible?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

I am trying to capture as many unique Calvary units as I can as Mongolia but early on I received an emergency to capture Krakow from the Mapuche after they conquered it and I thought I’d just do that and then declare war on Poland and leave them their city so I could encounter their winged hissars later and I’d still get the money for the emergency but once I got there I found out that they had no second city...

so my plan is to settle ten new cities in open and unguarded positions around Krakow with at least one on or near a horse tile, sell all ten to Russia, declare war on Russia, let them take Krakow, and then liberate that city and sell them the recaptured cities so that they’ll have a better boost towards building Calvary units

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

you may have to give cities rather than sell them.
    Selling/giving cities is only available if they are at full loyalty.... get that sorted and you have a chance.
    the Ai is notoriously fickle with such plans and will probably span ED's instead.

3. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

Y
    ou mean like as something I should offer up in a peace deal?

4. CallMeDale

CallMeDale Chieftain

That’s a typo

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Nope, I mean that they did seem to change the value of cities based on loyalty or some such thing. Try and sell an AI a city in the middle of your empire and see the response.
    When you offer them a ring of cities I do not imagine they AI assesses if the other cities together make for better loyalty, instead they will probably see poor loyalty from them all and eiter offer a paltry sum or nothing therefore I stated "you may have to give cities rather than sell them."
    what you are suggesting is rather contrived and will cost a lot in settlers but you are doing it for a pretty bouquet of cavalry... save yourself the grief and just add one into the game with firetuner for you to capture.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019