Can i still have my MicroManagement? please....

RoddyVR

Veteran Board NESer
from what i've seen about Civ4, one of the things that hte developers have pushed is getting rid of the "boring" micro management elements.
i see this being possible in one of two ways:
1. simplify the game down to bare basics. but then its barely as interesting as rock/paper/scisors.
2. add "governors" and the like, where the computer helps you do the micromanaging of your empire.

#2 is ofcourse the route they seem to have headed down. and that's fine, but ONLY if they have some global option somewhere that sias that i can turn OFF all the dam governors.
i've already lost one of my favorite game series (master of orion) to the AI governors (they ruined Moo3) and i would hate to lose Civ to them too.

does anyone know if i can turn off the governors and manage my empire the way I want?
yes, i LIKE micromanagement.

EDIT: in Moo3, the governers simplified the micromanagement to the point where the player supposedely was telling the governors which "direction" he wanted the planet (equivalent of civ's cities) to go and the governer would build what was needed.
unfortunately what this caused was that i had to go into every planet every turn and override the governors on the dumb choices they made so that the planet would build what i wanted it to. then next turn do it again, cause the governor had changed it again.

governors can be turned off like in civ 3.
the workers automation is also just an option.

that has been said in many interviews. :)

Apparantly automation will be good this time, so for multiplayer it can help you out.

To be honest i doubt it can do as well as a human player can. I do see myself micromanaging in civ4. Luckily the parts about happiness checking (to avoid revolts) and cleaning pollution are gone...

Top Bottom