Can I submit saves from non-English Civilization?

Vox[SU]

Chieftain
Particularly, I have russified Civilization. And I don't know if you can process my saves.

Considering Succession Games frequently swap between different localizations, this should be now problem.
However, I have no experience with the Russian version.
At least the Japanese version seems to cause troubles sometimes (specifically, the labels.txt file); but, it should not affect anything here, since you are in fact submitting a game set-up with an English version.
So, to put it simple: Obviously, your Russian version can handle a save from the English version without problems - why should the English version have problems with the same game later ;) ?

If you have in mind to write in the spoilers and post screenshots I think should be better for you to change Russian version to English. You will be easy talk with other players if you will operate with the same terms and names. ;)

The C/GOTM starting save file has English names for units, and these should not match the file names in your Russian version. For example 'Settler' probably does not appear in the Russian set of files. So, like Ainwood, I am very surprised that the game will run at all. If it does, and you can finish a game, then please do try to submit it, and if that fails then email it to us at the email address on the submission page.

[EDIT] If you have an older save file for a previous c/gotm game then you can email that to us if you like, and we can test it to tell you whether the submission system will have any problems. It can be finished or incomplete, as long as you have played at least 50-100 turns.

Mistfit... Since when do we welcome people to the CFF? :hmm:

It's always been CFC! Always! :p

Thanks for answers.
Mainly, I worried about your submitting routine. It was tested many times that russian game works correctly with english saves and vice versa. Except some confusion in names of units, cities, actions etc :).

But I agree, it will be difficult to post spoilers and screenshorts with russian names :(... I should think about it :).

Top Bottom