Can I take SDI out of the game?

Atlantean

Chieftain
Does anyone know how I can remove the option to build SDI from the game? I hate it, I don't want it and I don't want the AI to have it. It's ridiculously effective and completely unrealistic. Even with Exavier's composite mod, which lowers the effectiveness of SDI to 60%, I'm losing 5 out of every 6 missiles I fire. SDI doesn't work in real life and I don't want it to work in the game.

If it can't be removed, can someone tell me how to reduce it's effectiveness to 0% or something?

P.S Anyone know of a reason why the AI wouldn't build nukes when it can? In my current game all the civs have the technology but I'm the only one producing nukes (and using them). I'm pissed because most of the ones I fire are shot down. The thing is I WANT a nuclear war and the computer won't play along.

A nuclear war isn't a very efficient use of production in the late game because of SDI. You're better off with conventional military and the AI knows it. It also causes a lot of problems with global warming.

The simplest way to get rid of SDI would be to open the Civ4ProjectInfo XML file, find the entry for SDI and set 'Nuke Interception' to 0 rather than 75. It would still appear in the game but it wouldn't do anything, though the AI might waste a little production on it, so it isn't perfect, but it takes all of 30 seconds to do.

Thanks. I know nuclear war is totally the wrong way to go but I'm not trying to win, there are no victory conditions in my games. I like to play Civilization like life, there is no way to win; in fact there is nothing to win the point is to survive as long as possible.

Thanks again, take care.

Atlantean said:
in fact there is nothing to win the point is to survive as long as possible.

That's my philosophy, as I long as I'm the last to die, I'm happt :)

Not even conquest?

I tend to disable spaceship and time, might start disabling domination if I keep hitting it en route to conquest.

Top Bottom