Can i use a grafik patch??

pagh80

Warlord
The small picture where you could see your starting position in the GOTM of december, revealed that whoever attached the imaged used a grafik patch. I think i will start with the GOTM for january but i am unsure what is alloved. Can i use a grafik patch or shall i use the original stuff who came with the game?? (including the new patch)... It would be sad to play the game and realize my game was´nt accepted because i used let us say a grafik patch.:confused:

By the way. I use the same grafik patch as shown on the picture

:confused: I don't know anything about a grafik patch. Thunderfall made that screenshot probably by simply pressing Print Scrn and paste it in some imaging program. At least, that how I'd do it and have done it before.

Could you either tell me where to find the details about the grafik patch, or tell me yourself what it does? But my guess is you shouldn't use it, because the GOTM should always be played by the standard rules.

TF made his terrain with less yellow.Its in his sig.

Altered terrain graphics don't change the game.Just the way it looks.

Yup, graphics modpacks are fine. I installed several graphics mods myself (snoopy's, wonders pics, city production queue). I can't stand the default terrain graphics of the game (it's too yellow).

Install snoopys graphic patch - makes a huge improvement.

I use Sn00py's superb grafik patch. It can be found in the "completed Modpacks"-forum and the only thing it does is to replace some icons for mountains, irrigation and so on. You have to copy them into this folder: Civilization III\Art\Terrain... It makes the game so much more nice to look at.
Actually i also use Wonderpics, Smiley Mood Badges, and new icons to your units, so you can see how much they can be upgraded. It is all just pictures who shall be replaced in your Civilization III\Art-folders.
If this is allowed it would be nice but i can survive without it...

;)

By the way: A HAPPY CRISTMAS TO ALL YOUR CIV FANATICS OUT THERE!!

:lol: I thought "grafik" was a name for a patch. But ofcourse, you may use any graphic :p patch you like. ;)

Top Bottom