1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can only whites be racists and is Africa no place for whites?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Squonk, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Can only whites be racists and oppressors? Are whites out of place in Africa?

1. Only white people can be racists and opressors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not only white people can be racists and opressors

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  3. Africa is no place for whites - they should all leave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Africa is a place for its inhabitants regardless their skin colour

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  5. The structure of land and capital ownership should fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio of populace

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. The structure of land, capital ownership doesn't have to fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  7. No action should be taken regarding the land ownership in South Africa

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. A non-state organisation should be established for buying land and distributing it among black popul

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people with full compensation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The state should cofiscate the land and distribute it among black people with partial compensation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people without compensations

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  12. The state should confiscate the land and make its ownership according to racial ratio - full compens

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - partial compe

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  14. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - no compensati

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I like frogs.

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Imaus

Imaus King

No, it isn't.

The right fair way is to treat them as equal citizens under a equal government that cares more about your actions than your bloodline/race/whatever arbitrary division. They're both made of the same land and food and **** now. Any benefit from past discrimination can be washed away by equality, equity, liberation, and restructuring. But that requires time, effort, care, cohesion, and ya know, the hard road.

The populists who use the minority as the scapegoat is wrong 100% of the time. Not only are they going after and killing, raping, dislodging, and stealing from people who have little to nothing to do with past or even present tensions -

- but it ignores the real economic, infrastructure, environmental, and social problems at home and shoves them under the rug for cheap, quick populism and self-serving advancement.

One of those has got to be a deal breaker.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  2. Patine

Patine Deity

But the invasion and conquest campaign by the Bantu was JUST as mean and aggressive as the Afrikaaner invasion, both against the Khoikhoi. Plus, your logic says that the Nazi war campaign for "Lebensraum" was a more tolerable and acceptable thing because of the relatively short distances covered.

bernie14 likes this.
  3. Patine

Patine Deity

I HOPE that sarcastic gallows humour, there...

Valka D'Ur likes this.
  4. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

I guess I'm too young to know what imminent domain laws are.

5. NovaKart

NovaKart شێری گەورە

Aren’t a lot of them of Dutch origin?

6. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

No I was wondering if you remember Mugabe doing it. Didn't work out well and Zimbabwe is a basket case.

In some cases people from Africa or India at least the older ones prefer the old colonial administration's. They were better run, still can't vote worth a damn and the new leaders steal everything.

7. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Boers yes but also British.

8. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

wow my friend you're really gonna compare the Zulu to the Nazis? The Nazis?

9. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Way to miss the context and the Zulu did do really crappy things to other tribes.

It's why in a lot of countries it wasn't black and white but often white plus black minority vs Bantu majority.

Matabele vs Mashona iirc in Zimbabwe. Whites might not treat them the best but better than an assegai in the guts.

10. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

I've heard many nice things about the Netherlands. As new arbitrator of South Africa I'll allow the whites to go there too, if they choose.

11. NovaKart

NovaKart شێری گەورە

Do you think all white people should have to go back to Europe?

Kyriakos likes this.
  12. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

At least once in their lifetime

Lexicus, Squonk, Truthy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Patine

Patine Deity

I was comparing by YOUR logic that invasions of shorter land distance and more acceptable and tolerable than overseas invasions across the sea. I would think that would have been OBVIOUS!

Zardnaar likes this.
  14. red_elk

red_elk Deity

"Only whites can be <anything>" is already racist statement.

caketastydelish and bernie14 like this.
  15. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

All you have to do is look at the "marry out, get out" native community that targets any of their own people who marry a non-native. Said targeting includes vandalism, assault, harassment, and numerous other criminal acts. But because this happens on a reserve, nothing much gets done about it, and the targeted people are left to decide whether to stay in the home to which they are legally entitled, or leave and have the native half of the couple risk losing their band status because they moved off the reserve.

Yeah, let's all go back to where we came from. East Africa is going to be very crowded. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm tired of being called a "colonizer" by the indigenous population. I didn't have a choice over where/when I was born, and while I know approximately where my oldest-known ancestor was from, it would be pointless for me to "go back" to where I didn't personally live, and where I don't know the language.

Not that I'd have minded growing up there. From what I gather from warpus' Norway thread, it's a beautiful country. However, that's not how life's circumstances happened, and being blamed for the actions of politicians, merchants, and missionaries decades and centuries ago is totally unwarranted.

Fine. You pay my way, and I'll gladly take a holiday. But I choose the itinerary, and be aware that as a mobility-challenged person with various other medical issues, it's not going to be cheap.

caketastydelish likes this.
  16. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Lol!!

I agree. It showed me just how American and not European I am.

Truthy likes this.
  17. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

When a society moves from an "at gunpoint" economy to a more open economy, is it just for the previous ruling class to hold onto the means of production, whether this is factories or farms?

To me it looks like a sort of "property laundering" to believe that typical property rights should apply. They were not obtained by legitimate methods.

MaryKB likes this.
  18. Squonk

Squonk Deity

It's not the only case of conquest, extermination etc. To be "fair", white people should all move out of Americas, then most of them should move out of Europe too, and leave it to the Basques.

the eastern part of Germany wasn't German 1000 years ago. It was Slavic, and the name "Berlin" itself is Slavic (Polabian). Germans conquered this region brutally, forced the population to adapt Christianity against their desperate opposition, gave the best lands for German settlers (not always, of course), while denying the indigenous Slavic populations many rights, if it wasn't sold into slavery in the first place. F.e. some cities wouldn't accept Slavs, even though they were built in majorly Slavic lands. Etc. Should Germans, to atone for the crimes of the Germans of old, pack and leave these lands? Should Russians abandong almost all of Russian territory? Should Arabs return to Saudi Arabia, or Yemen, even?

Prussia was originally inhabited by Pruthenians, who were related to Lithuanians and Latvians. The southern part was partly cleansed during the fights with Poles. Then the German Teutonic Knights conquered Pruthenians, forced Christianity upon them, and colonised the land with Germans in the centre, and Poles in the south, and Lithuanians in the far north. Then, after ww2, both the local Germans, Poles and Lithuanians were mostly gone, because Germans were expelled as a part of punishment for ww2, local Poles and Lithuanians were protestants mostly, so they considered themselves more German than Polish or Lithuanian often, and they were often treated as such. In result, almost nothing remains not only of Pruthenians, but even of the population that replaced them.

Etc. It is absurd. The situation in which these kinds of things are not considered acceptable and rarely happen, is new. And it's not possible to correct all the wrongs of the past of this kind. They are too numerable.

And you probably see the case of South Africa as special, because the new population was visually different than the old population. But well, it shouldn't be very important.

caketastydelish and bernie14 like this.
  19. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

So what you iz asking iz if only black people are allowed to see things as black and white? ^_^

20. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

The land to those who work it, neatly solves this "dilemma". And that means to those who really labour in it, not to some new absentee landowners appointed by the government of the day.

They can be white, black or green, so long as they are the ones doing the real work in the land, or have an equal stake with the other people also doing it.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019