1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can only whites be racists and is Africa no place for whites?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Squonk, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Can only whites be racists and oppressors? Are whites out of place in Africa?

1. Only white people can be racists and opressors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Not only white people can be racists and opressors

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  3. Africa is no place for whites - they should all leave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Africa is a place for its inhabitants regardless their skin colour

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  5. The structure of land and capital ownership should fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio of populace

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. The structure of land, capital ownership doesn't have to fit racial, ethnic, religious ratio

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  7. No action should be taken regarding the land ownership in South Africa

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  8. A non-state organisation should be established for buying land and distributing it among black popul

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people with full compensation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The state should cofiscate the land and distribute it among black people with partial compensation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it among black people without compensations

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  12. The state should confiscate the land and make its ownership according to racial ratio - full compens

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  13. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - partial compe

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  14. The state should confiscate the land and distribute it according to the racial ratio - no compensati

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. I like frogs.

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Hitler was elected in a Democratic government and seized assets off Jews.

If Trump tried it in America imagine the uproar.

I don't think anyones claiming to do nothing but a lot of corrupt regimes beat the populist drum.
    Mugabe is a prime example. His land seizures achieved nothing.

Using tax to buy the land back or develop new opportunities or tribal trusts etc costs money and the new elites would rather syphon it off for themselves.

How far back do you want to go with ancestral guilt. Jews took Israel, Turkey could be returned to the Greeks etc.

2. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Lol that really isn't my intention. I don't put particular races on pedestals or the naughty step or whatever. Its just history man and you've got to accept it without making a big personal deal of it. Its not a concept of sin or transmissible evil down the generations, its just a finger on the scale one way to make up for the fact the other end was weighted with a sword for centuries. Woe unto the vanquishers!

3. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Europe was on the wrong end of the sword for around 1000 years.

Once you go back more than 1 maybe 2 generations things start becoming awkward.

4. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

So what? Say what you mean. Don't just say a thing and expect us to divine how it relates to the subject at hand.

5. Patine

Patine Deity

You could have fooled me. You seem to be backpedaling what you basically up and said openly. And I do know history. I'm a very avid armchair historian, and it's my favourite academic endeavour. I'm immensely well-acquainted with world history. And, thus, as such, I am very well aware that your gross simplification and racial bloc dynamics are HORRIBLY off the mark - to the point that you should be ashamed for pushing them as though they had the legitimacy you claim they do.

6. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Nah I stand by what I said, but I don't stand by your crazy interpretation of it.

Seriously, why are you taking it so personally waitaminit

Its this, isn't it? Ok how can we get past this fear that SJWs are the vanguard of the reverse racism genocide force?

Cloud_Strife, Gorbles and MaryKB like this.
  7. Patine

Patine Deity

So my interpretation that injustices, atrocities, conquest, and bloody wars are a sin of the entire human species - and only those alive to have committed them - and not only of, or inherently of a greater degree, White people, because they're White and are thus automatically and always more culpable, is a "crazy interpretation," is it? Again, I ask, do you think before you post, and can you understand the very tenor of your own posts?

8. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Yeah, your reading is crazy.

My broad position is that "hey guys maybe we should stop hogging all the limited resources, wealth and natural capacities in an unsustainable manner using historical advantages obtained by means huh guys wait come back-"

Whereas I'm reading you as "FOR US TO TAKE ONE STEP BACK IS THE BEGINNING OF WHITE GENOCIDE!" - How crazy is that?

Its all in the numbers. There is a limited size pie and an ever increasing number of people wanting a share. Not only that but the pie may be about to undergo an uncertain contraction in size. Given that many societies sort of accept the present situation on the assumption of an eternally growing pie that will eventually make everyone wealthy regardless of their relative share, this is a problem.

If we don't divide everything more equally then there will be war. On the present course we're on I fully expect to die while the first climate refugee internment camps are being built on the continent of Europe.

9. Patine

Patine Deity

Neither paraphrasing above is what either of us were actually saying at all. Please stop being disingenuous and trying to revise posts made across the last two days.

10. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

I'm pretty sure I know what I myself said, and I frankly I don't recognize myself when you hold up the mirror to me.

So where does that leave us?

I look at 10% owning 80% and say that it is racist state of affairs caused by a history of racism. You look at it and I don't know what you feel, but it gives your posts an anxious tone verging on the shrill at times.

11. Patine

Patine Deity

Alright, if it's all a matter of racism and pure "race power" alone, answer me this. The ANC has had almost complete control of all meaningful government apparati for 25 years now, solid, since their landslide 1994 victory. The ANC leadership is dominated by Bantu, with a few token Afrikaaners (like F.W. De Klerk, and such). So, doesn't that stand to reason that the retention of this wealth imbalance is not JUST unjust and corrupt "White minority power," but must also have the full complicence of the ANC government for some ulterior motives of theirs - and Zuma and other ANC bigwigs don't look like they've missed too many meals, and they're all living the good life in big houses and with big bank accounts, themselves. The plot seems to thicken even more, and your simplification of affairs becomes further flimsier.

12. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

You're doing as Zardnaar has been in this thread. You're insinuating by making statements that are not accompanied by your judgement/interpretation of them, nor are they informing any particular course of action.

So, say the quiet parts loud for those of us who are hard of hearing please.

13. Patine

Patine Deity

Why would I just volunteer some brain-dead, unviable, ridiculous, ill-thought-out, off-the-cuff proposed "solution" just to show I believe a solution is needed and that I don't support the support and to avoid being accused of "having no solution, and thus no productive opinion," when I actually UNDERSTAND that the situation is far more complex and multi-faceted than you and some others are giving it credit, and that a solution would take a LOT of thought and careful, measured considered, and would also have to address and deal with related issues and root problems, and could NOT tackle such an issue "in a void?"

14. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

I don't know enough about contemporary South Africa, power, race, corruption and politics there to dare judge about what is going on. And considering how scarcely it is covered in the news here in Europe, I doubt others here do. Do we have any south africans in the forum?

Why is this such a hot topic anyway? Governments using race for politics is nothing new, nor unexpected there. Those who oppose governments using it also in opposing it is also nothing new. If anything it seems that South Africa is still notably peaceful on that front. And I hope they will continue to be, and these calls of racism do not have further consequences. I'm guessing that the locals regard most issues as fights for control over wealth irrespective of "race".

15. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Hmmmm, I don't quite see how that is derived from your previous post. Still looks to have some insinuations I don't follow but ok.

If you're indeed the guy who knows best then you should either be leading the discussion to where a solution is found, or you could always just be the adult and say the situation is so complex that noone here understands it including yourself and bow out the thread.

The reason why you should be offering a tentative proximal conditional approximate solution is that noone would want to think you solely here to to give us obstructionist attitude. Even the status quo can have an agenda.

Cloud_Strife and Gorbles like this.
  16. Patine

Patine Deity

You're still assuming the fallacy that a simplistic solution that addresses the issue "in a void" that could be come up off-the-cuff by a CFC former is actually going to be a realistic and viable solution, and anyone who won't cough up such counterproductive garbage to please the unrealistic thread demand MUST be nothing but "obstructionist," "supporting the status quo," or having no interest at all in "any solution." Get a grip here!

17. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

Wow I put 4 qualifiers in front of “solution” in my post and still you make the most uncharitable reading.

If there really is no value in the discussion, then why are you here, hmmmm?

18. Patine

Patine Deity

I am here to discuss the issue in the OP. I do not satisfy or conform to your additional, arbitrary, ill-thought-out, and unrealistic additions to what those in this thread SHOULD be limited to in their posts.

19. Senethro

Senethro Overlord

You seemed very engaged in our discussion. Extremely so.

I wasn’t trying to limit anyone, I was trying to break the impasse met when you claimed that solutions and discussions are futile. I’d tried to move the subject onto solutions because when talking values I apparently came across to you as Genghis Stalin.

20. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

From the collapse of Rome through to the rise of the Spanish empire it was Europe getting invaded.

Humans gonna human.

Main point is land seizures generally don't work at least in terms of seizing somewhat developed farms.

Zimbabwe
    USSR
    Cambodia

Imperialism sucks but call some of this stuff what it is. Ethnic cleansing.

If you're trying to drive a racial group off regardless of the group it's ethnic cleansing.

Greece and Turkey for example.

If your trying to murder them along ethnic lined it's genocide. Doesn't matter who's doing it.

Racism is somewhat understandable if you're a direct victim of it (Germans in eastern Europe 1945/46).

Does something need to be done absolutely, I don't think driving minorities off their lands is a good idea if they're white, Jewish, Arabic, Greek, Turkish, Armenian etc.

Zimbabwe breadbasket to basket case.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019