Can siege worms raze AI capitals?

Magma_Dragoon

Reploid
I have seen footage, albeit prerelease, of the human in singleplayer being eliminated by a siege worm tag team assault. The city turned into a wreckage site. I am attempting to rush call siege worm op as quickly as possible to see what happens, but thought I'd ask if any of you had managed to raze a capital using call siege worm.

I have not tried it, but now that I think about it, it sounds more fun that flipping the city to your side when an AI keeps taunting you. :D

can you explain to me how to actually do something like this? I have played a lot with all my spies at max experience and never get a lvl 4 operation option, and rarely lvl 3. I've tied putting them in cities with as many diamonds as possibel but find that often that is onely one city (the capital) and never see more than 3 diamonds. All otehr AI cities have no diamonds.

what am I doing wrong? I want to bring the bring on the siege worm pain!!

what am I doing wrong? I want to bring the bring on the siege worm pain!!

You can try the establish network trick to up the city level, put a spy establish a network send spy back to base send spy back to city establish network again repeat, it worked for me and I was surprised the first time I flipped a capital and the AI was like, Just dont do that again ok? No Dow, nothing!

You can try the establish network trick to up the city level, put a spy establish a network send spy back to base send spy back to city establish network again repeat, it worked for me and I was surprised the first time I flipped a capital and the AI was like, Just dont do that again ok? No Dow, nothing!

interesting. I tried something like that, but it was rotating spies between cities. Bob goes into city, makes network, goes to other city, makes network and is replaced by sheela, who makes network. This increased my spy experience fast but saw no improvement on the ops level.

So you are saying that it has to be the same spy? Bob goes in, spends 4 turns making network, bob goes to base (for how long, a turn?) then back to that same city and make a network again?

So you are saying that it has to be the same spy? Bob goes in, spends 4 turns making network, bob goes to base (for how long, a turn?) then back to that same city and make a network again?
I did this, put bob in city make network back to base and immediately back to city, no need to spend any turn in the base, just in motion.

I've tried this, AI always put counter agents in it's cities before I could get it to 5, and by the time I get any affinity to 11 they have surveillance webs.

I did this, put bob in city make network back to base and immediately back to city, no need to spend any turn in the base, just in motion.

cool. thanks for the advice, I was really not understanding this trick that I have seen numerous times on the forums.

perhaps I don't understand it because it seem so much like playing the meta game. How does this simulate real life espionage? James Bond doesnt hope back to London to increase his chance of a hard operation in Moscow, unless he has to go back to Q to pick up some gadgets... :rolleyes: shouldn't it just increase by staying in moscow? seems buggy to me.

It's an exploit. It doesn't make sense because you're not really expected (by the developers) to do it. I think you can probably do it without the exploit. You can try playing ARC and get the spies early. (Not sure, but I think I had level 4 options that way.)

I've called the siege worms on the same AI capital city multiple times and never got it to raze the capital so not sure this is something that made it to final release.

I can't see it being really viable by the time it becomes an option. If you're playing Purity with Might you can absolutely whomp Siege Worms. How many worms show up? I feel like it'd be easy to repel for the most part by the time it becomes possible.

Siege Worms (and other aliens) can raze AI capitals, they did that a lot of times when I was playing around with earlier versions of my alien mod. The city will just be gone, instantly. In a normal game I'd say it's very unlikely that called Siege Worms will be able to do that on higher difficulties though. They start 4(?) tiles away from the AIs capital and by the time you have enough affinity to call them the AI should have enough military to just swarm them + they have a 40%-modifier against aliens on Apollo.

What happens if you do a worm strike on a city with an ultrasonic fence?

Worms that are spawned by Wormstrike are immune to the effect of the fence.

Top Bottom