1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can somebody help with units?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by MattJ, Jan 1, 2010.

1. MattJ

MattJ Chieftain

Hey dudes

I've just downloaded this unit pack: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6851

What I'd like to do is install it to my Vanilla version of Warlords and have it just replace the Japanese units without overriding any other Civ's units, I'd just like to know if this is possible and, if so, how can I do it? Sorry if this is a bit dumb, I've never installed a mod before

Cheers

Matt

2. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

3. MattJ

MattJ Chieftain

Okay, I'm not sure if that actually helps me out a lot. As I say, I've never done anything else like this before. I've created a mod but I don't understand what you mean by working on those two files as I dont understand the "work" entailed... Could somebody help me out?

I've got a mod which is so far an exact replica of Vanilla with my custom units in that mod folder but no way to actually use them in the game thus far. If anyone could help that'd be great

cheers

matt

4. SaibotLieh

SaibotLieh Chieftain

5. MattJ

MattJ Chieftain

Thanks man, appreciate it.

6. The Capo

The Capo godless Heathen

You know there is a better/updated version of these units right?