Can someone guide me on what do I have to do to create a new policy cards that grants no bonuses?

Narvana

Chieftain
So, I've changed the Chiefdom government, so it would have 5 military, economic, diplomatic and wildcard slots, total 20. The problem is, I can't lock in the policies, because the first civics gives you only 4 policies and there is the blocking mechanism that forces you to fill all the empty slots.

I've tried to find that mechanism in Sid Meiers Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI, somewhere, but I failed. That post is here, btw.

I figured that it would be much easier to create a bunch of new policy cards, available with Code of Laws civic - that way I could fill all the empty slots and continue playing.

The problem is, I'm pretty much a newbie and I don't know what to do. In Policies.xml you have four different mentions about specific policy card. For example:

God King policy

Code:
<Types>
<Row Type="POLICY_GOD_KING" Kind="KIND_POLICY"/>
</Types>

Code:
<Policies>
<!-- Ancient Era-->
<Row PolicyType="POLICY_GOD_KING" Name="LOC_POLICY_GOD_KING_NAME" Description="LOC_POLICY_GOD_KING_DESCRIPTION" PrereqCivic="CIVIC_CODE_OF_LAWS" GovernmentSlotType="SLOT_ECONOMIC"/>
</Policies>

Code:
<ObsoletePolicies>
<!-- Ancient Era-->
<Row PolicyType="POLICY_GOD_KING" ObsoletePolicy="POLICY_SCRIPTURE"/>
</ObsoletePolicies>

... And bunch of modifers, etc..

My question is, if I want to create a new cards, do I have to simply add new lines of code, my own names, and all of that? Will it work? And, do I have to do this only in Policies.xml?

Ohh, and also, how can I create an empty modifers, that will give no bonuses?

Please, help!

You shouldn't have to attach modifiers to any of your new policies, and it should work just fine. I've not tried creating new policy cards yet, but making new entries in the Types and Policies tables for all of your new empty policies will probably do it. You don't need, and probably don't want, entries in the ObsoletePolicies and PolicyModifiers tables for any of those empty policies. The only thing is, it'll clutter the heck out of your policy selection screen, so it's not an ideal solution. And editing the base game files (Policies.xml in this case) is never an ideal solution, but if you're not to the point where you're adding mods through the Additional Content window and all that, then it's perfectly fine. Just make sure you have original copies of the file somewhere (and maybe a copy of your updated file in case the game has an update).

You shouldn't have to attach modifiers to any of your new policies, and it should work just fine. I've not tried creating new policy cards yet, but making new entries in the Types and Policies tables for all of your new empty policies will probably do it. You don't need, and probably don't want, entries in the ObsoletePolicies and PolicyModifiers tables for any of those empty policies. The only thing is, it'll clutter the heck out of your policy selection screen, so it's not an ideal solution. And editing the base game files (Policies.xml in this case) is never an ideal solution, but if you're not to the point where you're adding mods through the Additional Content window and all that, then it's perfectly fine. Just make sure you have original copies of the file somewhere (and maybe a copy of your updated file in case the game has an update).

It worked! Thanks!

Top Bottom