1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone help a newbie?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by strykerfett, Dec 19, 2010.

1. strykerfett

strykerfett Chieftain

Hi, I currently have BTS version 3.1.3.1. Now I know I am waaay behind. I would prefer not to have to update my version. I really like the idea of Road to War, but the bundled version of it that comes with BTS has very few graphical features. I was wondering if there was a way I could install the newest (or atleast newer) version of RTW without updating BTS. Also are there any graphics enhancements that could add features such as Unit or Technology Icons? Last but not least, are there any scenarios/maps for RTW that encompass the whole world? Thanks in advance for any information you can give me about these questions, and Thanks for the hard work in making a great mod!

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

RtW had a load/save issue prior to 3.19, whereby you could not load a saved game.

This is one of the reasons why I rewrote my version of it.

3. strykerfett

strykerfett Chieftain

thanks for the quick reply! =) does this mean I will have to update my BTS to version 3.19 if I want to save? or would playing your version fix the save problem without requiring me to patch BTS?

4. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder