Can someone play this save for 2 turns?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Cabledawg, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Cabledawg

Cabledawg King

Im playing a Hemisphere map on Emperor and drew Monty. Im building up an army to attack Gilgamesh and the game freezes at 1430AD. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. Im posting a save in the hopes that someone can play it past 1430...its only 2 turns from the save.....and see if they can get past that point and post a save.;...thx

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/97311/AutoSave_AD-1420.CivBeyondSwordSave

2. Scarredroman

Scarredroman Warlord

Played on a couple of turns. Reckon the reason your game freezes are in Mutal - you have three national wonders there.: Heroic and National Epics and Scotland Yard. If you use worldbuilder to reassign one of the wonders, remembering only two national wonders per city and that includes the palace, you may find the game continues without freezes.

Mutal sprung a great spy and strangely Hannibal was willing to sell Music for 1210 gold when you play for real, you may get something else.

3. johnny_rico

johnny_rico one more turn addict

Interesting dawg, this just happened to me also and I spent hours figuring a way around it.

first off, Scotland yard is no longer a national wonder so it is not your problem.

You can check in the BTS directory where the game is installed for a txt file that may clue you into the error. I searched high and low all over the web looking for a solution. I went back to a couple of different saves that were no more than six turns back and they all turned out the same.

Honestly, what I wound up doing was changing virtually every variable I could. The build in every city, the tech I was researching, throw in a civic shift. If a random event pops up, change what you originally did. Then, just keep hitting the green and power through your turns until you hopefully pass the hiccup.

I really wish I would've documented exactly what I did. However, it was 2 am on a saturday night when the problem first cropped up and the game was 1884 and I was less than 5 turns from launching. I went to bed finally a little before 6 am all strung out and tired. If only the game had been 1000 years earlier, I'd have just restarted.

Good luck, I will download your save and check it out.

4. Scarredroman

Scarredroman Warlord

Not all the game files may have been updated with that bit of information that Scotland Yard is no longer a National Wonder. That is the most likely reason for a game freeze.

5. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

I had this problem at the end of my last game, and I couldn't get around it with my regular save. I reloaded an autosave from 4 or so turns prior to that and the game worked out. Try going through all the autosaves you have available.

6. Scarredroman

Scarredroman Warlord

7. facistal

facistal Civer

I have had a scotland yard in my capital with 2 other national wonders many times since BTS came out - i highly doubt this is the problem .

On a related note I believe you can have more than one scotland yard now (although having 2 espionage cities seems a waste to me)

8. Cabledawg

Cabledawg King

Scarredroman, the save you posted was the same.....I still couldnt get past it. Were you able too?

9. Scarredroman

Scarredroman Warlord

I have attached a file save for 1435

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/122392/Martin_AD-1435.CivBeyondSwordSave

Believe me, I mixed feelings assembling a stack of Doom for the Aztecs as Monty's about to do to me what your about to do to Gilgamesh.

If you're still unable to get passed the year, I'll play on as I can understand why you don't want to abandon this game, but you'll have to issue instructions as its your game, not mine.

You could try copying the file and try playing the copy - as a last resort.

10. Cabledawg

Cabledawg King

I was able to play past, but only to 1455 and it froze up again. I appreciate whatever you did...what was it by the way?. Im gonna abandon this game.

11. Scarredroman

Scarredroman Warlord

Just played as normal.