Can the AI build wonders regardless of the tile requirement?

halfhalfharp

Prince
In my last game, I saw Kongo building the Great Zimbabwe without any cattles around. Is this possible? Or has the AI cheated in the higher difficulties?

upload_2018-2-20_21-54-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-20_21-52-17.png
    upload_2018-2-20_21-52-17.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 63
Harvested post construction seems like the likeliest, although I didn't think you could get cattle on desert hills. AI can't cheat in this regard AFAIK

Yes, the AI cheats.

I don't think the AI can cheat tile requirements.

Sometimes I find that I can't actually see the graphics for a resource unless the tile is actually within my line of sight for some reason. Although in this case, I don't think that's it because I don't think cattle spawn in desert. Sammy is probably correct, the city is on the cows

Harvested post construction seems like the likeliest, although I didn't think you could get cattle on desert hills. AI can't cheat in this regard AFAIK

I think you need to have the Cattle all the way during the production, otherwise the wonder just fails. Or have you experienced differently? I'm not entirely sure.. Don't remember testing it myself.

@halfhalfharp Could you check if he settled on the cow and post your findings? : )

I think you need to have the Cattle all the way during the production, otherwise the wonder just fails. Or have you experienced differently? I'm not entirely sure.. Don't remember testing it myself.

@halfhalfharp Could you check if he settled on the cow and post your findings? : )

Sorry I didn't save that game and maybe its the best explanation for my question :( sorry

If the AI cheated on this, there would be a number of wonders (i.e. Colliseum) that would go faster than they do.

Does settling remove bonus resources?
Or can the wonder be built even after the removal?

Yes settling removes bonus resources, but after removal you can't build the wonder
But the most likely seems to me that the adjacent district is actually build by mbanza mbata and that it removed cows in the process (or perhaps the wonder is build my mbanza mbata and the other city was settled after construction began)

Yes settling removes bonus resources, but after removal you can't build the wonder
But the most likely seems to me that the adjacent district is actually build by mbanza mbata and that it removed cows in the process (or perhaps the wonder is build my mbanza mbata and the other city was settled after construction began)

As what I remember, the district belongs to Mbwila (although I don't have any proof by now, coz I didn't keep the save). The city Mbanza mbata later flipped to me due to loyalty problems and I didn't see the commercial district with it.

So it is possible he built the city after having started the wonder?
OK scratch that. You are saying the district belonged to Mbwila
It is very weird though
I have not noticed any wonder cheats in any of my games so far

Top Bottom