Can the AI use Soothsayers to create disasters?

cuso210

Warlord
I'm about to finsh a game with Apocalypse mod and have noted that, while the ai buys and sacrifices units with the soothsayer, they then use them to explore the map. Not one I've seen one used to create a disaster against me or another player, not even when at war. Can the game use it's own mechanic or is it something more suited for multiplayer games?

I think it may be suited for multiplayer (however, the fact they sacrafice their own units indicate that the AI knows how to use those two buttons)

I think what's happening is that... you can only use the Soothsayers in what seems to be your own territory (and possibly in other territory at war), so the lack of wars probably just means they have no use for Soothsayers.

The XML data has two entries for soothsayer-specific AI actions: "Soothsayer Scored Competition" and "Wartime Use Soothsayer", which leads me to believe that they have programmed the soothsayer to activate it's disaster ability during wartime (and only wartime), but whether this works (or works well) is another matter. So even if this works as intended, human players still have an advantage in that they can use the soothsayer when at peace.

Would the game even tell you if a disaster was caused by a soothsayer versus just reporting it as normal?

Top Bottom