1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Apostolithic Palace Send Troops

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by FourthThunder, Nov 1, 2007.

1. FourthThunder

FourthThunder Chieftain

I didn't see it in the CivPedia but I've heard that the Apostolithic Palace sends it's own UU if it declares war on someone? I've seen the special UU in the Charlemagne scenario but never in the actual game..then again, out of the few games I've played the Palace has never actually declared war on anyone.

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

no the palace does not have an UU, in the scenario they even included an additional civ to allow the UU...

3. Craterus22

Craterus22 King

is there anything (programing-wise) stopping a modder from adding a unit generation option to the palace and UN?

Example:
    a pikeman unit generated every 10 turns in the city of the palace.
    an infantry unit generated every 15 turns in the city of the UN.

4. species

species Chieftain

That's a pretty good idea, like a unit that can only defend (since the UN usually only does peacekeeping missions) and is under the control of the leader of the AP or UN but it can only be used with approval from the rest of the world. Although that it seems like it would be pretty hard to program in.

5. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Just generating a unit every x turns would be doable, basically just add a new random event that is called from the doTurn stuff either in the .dll or in a python file - this can easily check for AP or UN in the city and can be timed to occur every x turns. The thing about control only with approval would be tricky, I would probably try to add a new resolution which allows this event to occur. The problem with stuff like this would be to teach the AI to understand this resolution.
    In any case you'd need to do at least some python programming, though there are templates in the code so with some tries it might be easier than it looks, the consent of all other members would be tricky...
    Short answer: no there is nothing programming wise to stop this, its just some effort involved and it is not just done by changing some xml files.

6. gunter

gunter King

Where can I find some detailed documentation about the AP and UN ?

thanks

7. LemonJello

LemonJello Warlord

Something like the Statue of Zeus generating a cavalry every x turns in III? That would be cool. Maybe a Swiss pikeman/mercenary for the AP and infantry in blue berets for the UN? Perhaps give them some modifier that reduces unrest/revolt in any city they are in? That'd make them useful for "annexed" cities.