1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Can the Khazad land a coastal start?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by HayRoss, Mar 14, 2018.

1. HayRoss

HayRoss Chieftain

This seems like something incredibly minor, but I remember once playing a game as the Khazad where I (Somehow) had a coastal start. Even years later I can still remember that game quite fondly, and I thought it would be fun to try another coastal dwarven run. Or maybe my memory is **** and I just worldbuildered a coastal start. Is it possible for the map generator to ever give the Khazad a coastal start or am I just imagining things here?

2. Dr Roach

Dr Roach Chieftain

Yeah - I wouldn't see why not. There aren't an generation restrictions, I believe.

3. Tielby

Tielby Chieftain

If we're talking about unmodded FFH2, then there are no restrictions. In MNAI, you can set some "flavor" starting locations. To the best of my knowledge, they wouldn't outright forbid a Khazad coastal start, but it would be more unlikely.