1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can the native settlements upgrade?

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by Endim_Analys, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Endim_Analys

Endim_Analys Chieftain

Hi, I love the game and comes back to it regularly every few years. During my most recent playthrough I was surprised to notice that the Arawak villages suddenly became cities of the same kind as the Incas some time around 1600. I didn't not the exact year and didn't have saves to go back to to check, so I couldn't see if it would happen again, but the status remained on reload at least. They still used the same face in negotiation but when I destroyed their cities they were identified as such and yielded thousands of gold each. Is this a bug or can the native settlements somehow upgrade?

2. Antilogic

Antilogic --

I think that is a bug, I have never heard of a rule allowing for native villages to upgrade (although I think they can breed their own horses). I've been googling around to try and find a solid rule but haven't found a link.