Can the world survive 6 more years of Donald Trump?

how do you have a discussion with someone like this

the funeral costs are a result of people dying. people are dying because they cannot afford healthcare. yes, people would have to pay these funeral costs regardless because everyone dies (you really typed this), but the point she is making is that these people who die BECAUSE they cannot afford healthcare then results in their relatives and friends having to pay funeral expenses that they also cannot afford. the entire context for her making this point is to compare things that america spends tons of tax dollars on, like the military, with things like healthcare that people feel aren't worth the spending

this is feeling like a waste of time, didn't see that coming
This is indeed a waste of time, but the reason for that is that you keep pretending that she made the statement in a different context from the one that she made it in. You are fixated on trying to convince me that the thing she was talking about, was not actually the thing she was talking about, and of course I'm having none of it. And that's not because I did not consider what you're saying, I watched the video three times since you made that statement and no, she clearly is not making these statements in the context that you claim she's making them. You are either lying, or you're interpreting her statements incorrectly.

In either case, good thing we agree that this is a waste of time; let's end this useless conversation here.

how do you have a discussion with someone like this

You don't.

I think I have seen this person get tired of arguing nonsense and being pretty much ignored, and subsequently disappeared for a while. That was good.

Ditzy DeVos

Thats what Trump called his education secy Betsy DeVos according to Omarosa. MSNBC ran the clip and posted a side by side photo of the two women. But the photo showed DeVos sticking her tongue out of her mouth and to the side. They found a photo that made her look ditzy.

Ditzy DeVos

Thats what Trump called his education secy Betsy DeVos according to Omarosa. MSNBC ran the clip and posted a side by side photo of the two women. But the photo showed DeVos sticking her tongue out of her mouth and to the side. They found a photo that made her look ditzy.
It isn't MSNBC's fault that Trump called her "ditzy" though... that seems to be the "real issue", rather than what photo they used ...inasmuch as any of Trump's antics are real issues (which is a matter I am still on-the-fence on).

Of course, this doesn't hurt John Brennan. It only hurts our intelligence services, who now can't ask John Brennan for advice. All so Fox can spend a news cycle crowing about how Trump is purging the Deep State, or whatever.

Of course, this doesn't hurt John Brennan. It only hurts our intelligence services, who now can't ask John Brennan for advice. All so Fox can spend a news cycle crowing about how Trump is purging the Deep State, or whatever.

This is much more dangerous than that. Trump is more or less openly trying to have the intelligence services become totally subservient to the President. That is the goal of all these attacks on the FBI, CIA, etc. Anyone who knows me knows I have no love for these organizations, but if Trump succeeds in destroying their independence from him then we are going to be in very, very, very serious trouble.

I don't think there is much of a risk of that working, and I think it generally gives Trump too much credit to say he thinks these things through beyond his impulse to get attention/revenge.

These organizations could destroy him with all the shady stuff he has done over the years without taking much care to cover his tracks. If he doesn't think there are elements that will fight back, he's an utter fool.

These organizations could destroy him with all the shady stuff he has done over the years without taking much care to cover his tracks. If he doesn't think there are elements that will fight back, he's an utter fool.
No one will dare fight back 'cause hes the president and more that that, he is Donald Trump; The most awesomely bigly yuge jeneeus in the history of the universe!
So, sit back and enjoy the show.:popcorn:

I don't think there is much of a risk of that working, and I think it generally gives Trump too much credit to say he thinks these things through beyond his impulse to get attention/revenge.

There is no conscious plan; Trump is simply a megalomaniac doing what megalomaniacs do.

I don't understand why people seem to think he can or will be swayed by blackmail of any kind. "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue..."

It isn't MSNBC's fault that Trump called her "ditzy" though... that seems to be the "real issue", rather than what photo they used ...inasmuch as any of Trump's antics are real issues (which is a matter I am still on-the-fence on).

MSNBC producer: "Hey, Trump called DeVos ditzy, find me a photo of DeVos looking ditzy.

They're hacks, media bias is a real issue too

Trump called Omarosa a 'dog', I guess MSNBC couldn't find a photo of her barking or chasing cars.

MSNBC producer: "Hey, Trump called DeVos ditzy, find me a photo of DeVos looking ditzy.

They're hacks, media bias is a real issue too

Trump called Omarosa a 'dog', I guess MSNBC couldn't find a photo of her barking or chasing cars.
Please name a "media" outlet you think is not biased. Take your time.

Ouch
upload_2018-8-16_22-25-47.png

The world will be fine. Trump will stop just shy of war because his own base so doggedly devoted to him is tired of foreign intervention. Even Faux News has played weirdly fawning segments about Kim Jong Un. Very few voters want war, we're sick of the ones we're in.

The rest of the world may actually benefit from Trump's foolish protectionism. It'll hurt US corporations and foreign manufacturers are looking at different markets.

He's playing hardball with Iran shortly after Iran decided it wanted to shift away from the dollar to the Euro. Lack of confidence in US stability will move other countries towards investment in other currencies more stable than the USD. I'm worried about the devaluing of US currency under Donny Tiny-hands' less than capable leadership.

Maybe a halfway decent successor can salvage things? We'll see.

Top Bottom