[BTS] Can this game be won? NEED ADVICE! (NC 175 Bismarck Deity)

Hey Lain,

Congratz on winning the NC 183. Nice cuirassier stomp.

Yeah looks like you have the same problem as i did in my 3 attempts on this map. justinian is pretty persistent but you should be able to get him with Maces/Trebs.
Steel unfortunately is rly slow due to low bpt. Guess Justinian will fall into your hands into the end, but it rly took you a long time. Same for me.

Later my game Mansa and Hatshe vassaled De Gaulle and Hannibal, so i ran out of targets to attack.

Yeah Space might be a good choice here, Pacal will be hard to take but then with canons you could do it. On the other hand he is friendly and De Gaulle is ready for the taking, even a small stack with canons could probably take his 6 cities. Good luck anyway. Where is Hannibal game? i can not see it on deity isolation?

Btw : AbsoluteZero has new Lets Play Civ 4 (joao immortal), but he got a bit rusty :lol:. Anyway nice to have now 3 channels to watch Civ 4 (you, imploading,AZ).

Hi Olafeson :wavey:

Thanks. Will take a break from NC for a bit and record isolation again. Game is up in the other thread aswell.

Think I got into a good position for this one, but it was a bit trickier than necessary.

Yeah, I do watch AZ. Hope he will eventually get back to Deity level again :)

860 AD

Spoiler :

Finally ready to push out and finish business with Justi. Beaker rate is bad, but Steel should still come before 1000 AD and I want to go Pacal next.

Little breakthrough in the east aswell with secondary stack.

I tried to keep slider at 100% at all times, which also meant feeding Mansa with more tech.

Better late than never: Capital falls and Pyramids, MoM and Hanging Gardens are mine now.

Naturally I still want more though

In the end I cap him 860 AD, pretty late, but in time for Steel. Upgrade Trebs and go for Pacal. I took the capitulation because Justi's culture in the east will speed up my progress on that side by a few turns. Think that's worth it. Or maybe not, but I won't depend on trading with the AI anymore so who cares.

Tech situation looking ok aswell.

Should have 20+ cities after I am done with Pacal. I really like this tech path and it is good practice for medieval attack + balancing economy. I am not far behind even while being at war for most of the game.

Attachments

• NC 175 Bismarck AD-0860 Justi cap.CivBeyondSwordSave
    291.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Top Bottom