Can we disable corporations?

Pretty sure you can't, but if you're using the Realistic Corporations option you can switch to an economics civic that has a high Tax rate on Corporations. It won't guarantee they'll go away, but they flock to nations that have Subsidy rates on them and shun ones that heavily tax them.

If even that fails, then run No Foreign Corporations civics or as an extreme solution No Corporations civics. Planned civic is your friend here it sounds like.

*Edit* I also gotta wonder what's going on in your game's world if only two corps with that few cities is costing that much gold :think:

Small map (bigger always crashes in industrious era), 7 civs, smart map script, only pangea. Corporations broke me, look at the one giving me 627 beakers but taking tons of gold for.

What sort of Small do you mean? Actual "Small" or like "Standard"? Game Speed?

And um.... What version of the mod I must add, now that I'm seeing those absolutely absurd values this early in the game + you mentioning the game reliably crashing in the Industrial. That hasn't happened in a very, very long time on a very, very out of date version of the mod.
(And how'd you get sixty-three Alcohol resources??)

Small map (below standard), marathon speed, I am now searching for flight. I have 3 national wonders producing alcohol, so it says I have 9, but in right screen (resources list) it says 51 and it depends from city to city. Also the game always crashed when using unlimited square/stack, so I set it now to 60/square and it goes smoother. Yet sometimes it crashes and no way to continue until I open editor and erase some of the armies around. Mod is last version, I downloaded it 3 months ago.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how your corporations are producing such huge amounts (and are researching Flight before even reaching AD years?!) I just got done with a Large Map Marathon game and the corporations I had (Mining + Creative Construction) never brought in a fraction of that amount even during the late Modern when the game finally ended via Mercy Rule.

But that's irrelevant to the topic I guess; going back to the corporations thing if they're really proving to be pulling such absurdly high numbers like that (How though....? :confused:) then your best bet is to just run a civic that bans corporations.

Well, I use a shameless tactic which works for advancing very fast in science. The game is on deity, the AI are much ahead so I focus on one city, take it, get the technology after conquest, then put my units nearby, AI takes it back (most often with a single unit, is AI you know...), I attack again and get a second technology and so on. On big cities works a couple of times until the population is too low to get a full tech. Once you have enough canons and with surround option + pick some hill with forest on is not that hard. Thanks for civics option, indeed the one which bans the corporations put my cities back and they rock now.

Also I play with unlimited experience from animals/barbs so I use a good army early game to create many generals, which I join to the same city again and again, so I have a city now which gives 150 experience (yeah, 70 generals) to every new unit, thats almost invincible if you pay attention

Last edited:
Well, I use a shameless tactic which works for advancing very fast in science. The game is on deity, the AI are much ahead so I focus on one city, take it, get the technology after conquest, then put my units nearby, AI takes it back (most often with a single unit, is AI you know...), I attack again and get a second technology and so on. On big cities works a couple of times until the population is too low to get a full tech. Once you have enough canons and with surround option + pick some hill with forest on is not that hard. Thanks for civics option, indeed the one which bans the corporations put my cities back and they rock now.

Also I play with unlimited experience from animals/barbs so I use a good army early game to create many generals, which I join to the same city again and again, so I have a city now which gives 150 experience (yeah, 70 generals) to every new unit, thats almost invincible if you pay attention
Well when you abuse the system, sometimes the system will abuse you back. ;)

Top Bottom