Can we please stop doing elimination games

Yes, I hate them - 8 (11-3) Keeps people going between events.
Yes, they are moderately annoying - 21
No, they are moderately fun - 22 (21+1) Hit or miss. Some threads do have interesting discussion.
No, I love them - 21

Yes, I hate them - 8
Yes, they are moderately annoying - 18 (21-3) People down voting because of reason that have nothing to do with the thread.
No, they are moderately fun - 23 (22+1) A little fun on the forums is never bad.
No, I love them - 21

I can stop doing elimination games from one moment to the next,
when the others finally stop voting for Australia and
acknowledge that Carthage is the best CS:D

I can stop doing elimination games from one moment to the next,
when the others finally stop voting for Australia and
acknowledge that Carthage is the best CS:D

But the only reason I have seen you down vote Aus is because you are up set they are in the game before other Civs. Which is fair enough. How-ever when the vote is based on how good a Civ abilities are, down voting them because of principle is not what the thread is for. You can down Vote for any reason you want but most people do realize that you are being selfish and immature. If your going to play the game, why not play it for fun and not because you have a grudge.

Australia has some of the most powerful and best Civ abilities. But you down voted them.
They don't have anyway near the best music theme, which is why I down voted them on that thread.
When you start voting for the reasons that have nothing to do with the reason the thread exists. What's the point?
AND why do you down vote them? because your are mad that the Mongol's or some other Civ aren't in the game yet, and Australia is!

I like Carthage as a CS. and they are one of the best. But best by far? Well, it is a matter of personal choice. Some people like Production CS or Gold CS.
I would put Carthage in the top 5 easily maybe even top 3 but I tend to go for Production CS first, because they are more useful to me. That being said If I start next to Carthage and can put envoy's into them from the start I will try to keep them on my side. But if I meet them mid game or late game I will not bother.

In the end it doesn't really matter, it's not like the result of the little games are going to make the Civ Devs change anything.
If you are having FUN down voting Australia because of "Principle" then ago ahead.
I find it funny the time I down voted Carthage because I don't place a lot value on 100's of trade routes, People got mad.
I also noticed them down voting the CS that I up voted for each and every time. Which is why I "haven't" voted for the Actual CS I want to win. ;)

@LethalLeigh: My post really should be humorous. But I promise that I will not downvote Australia tomorrow!

Can we stop doing thread about stopping doing elimination thread?

I don't see the point

I agree. Don't click on them if you're not interested. Title clearly says "elimination thread"

I personally find them a good way to pass time while enduring this radio silence from Firaxis..

I agree. Don't click on them if you're not interested. Title clearly says "elimination thread"

I personally find them a good way to pass time while enduring this radio silence from Firaxis..

Hmmm. Try doing a forum search these days. The elimination thread guys could at least have had the foresight and courtesy to not type out the full names of every civ, wonder, great person, and what not.

Hmmm. Try doing a forum search these days. The elimination thread guys could at least have had the foresight and courtesy to not type out the full names of every civ, wonder, great person, and what not.

While the Forum Search results for searching, say "Roosevelt" are completely saturated with elimination games, doesn't it only take another keyword to get useful results? So you could search for say "Gandhi strategy" and most of the elimination games are filtered out. I suppose it depends on what exactly you're searching for though.

I like the elimination games. The pique my interest enough to come to the board and get active in conversations I might not otherwise consider.

The forums would otherwise not be as busy if it weren't for elimination threads (excluding discussions about future DLCs).

Eventually a few weeks after the release of the new DLCs (of Africa and Southeast Asian civs), new elimination threads would be made.

The forums would otherwise not be as busy if it weren't for elimination threads (excluding discussions about future DLCs).

Eventually a few weeks after the release of the new DLCs (of Africa and Southeast Asian civs), new elimination threads would be made.

I'll be honest: I think any second round should wait until after a full expansion. We're only getting two new civs and three new leaders. It's easy enough to discuss and form an idea of how the new additions rank without running the whole game again for two or three new entries.

I'll be honest: I think any second round should wait until after a full expansion. We're only getting two new civs and three new leaders. It's easy enough to discuss and form an idea of how the new additions rank without running the whole game again for two or three new entries.
That would be a better idea.

It would be good if the elimination threads were moved to a special folder after they were finished.

It would be good if the elimination threads were moved to a special folder after they were finished.

I like this. Would also make it easier to see who won after it's over. Now they get locked and if you weren't following them closely they dropped off page one before you had a chance to view the rankings.

Yes, I hate them - 5 (8-3) because its funny that's why.
Yes, they are moderately annoying - 18
No, they are moderately fun - 23
No, I love them - 22 (21+1) LOL I'm trying to keep the thread alive :p

Yes, I hate them - 2 (5-3) because its funny as hell
No, they are moderately fun - 23
No, I love them - 23 (22+1) yes, give the monkeys sugar!

Yes, I hate them - 0 (2-3; ELIMINATED- I don't hate them)
No, they are moderately fun - 24 (23+1; a good past time)
No, I love them - 23

Top Bottom