Can we try PM notification popups again now that the fora has been upgraded?

damunzy

recovering former mod
Retired Moderator
The title says it all.

No, not images in sigs. It'll make each page loading up that much longer.

We used to have way way off in the past, but that option's no longer available. :)

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
No, not images in sigs. It'll make each page loading up that much longer.

We used to have way way off in the past, but that option's no longer available. :)

You can turn off image tags in sigs you know.

Yes, and I won't be able to see ALL image attachments. Incl those in the attachments etc which I want to view. :rolleyes:

Unless I turned off the sigs, and then I can't see sigs. There're some interesting txt sigs too.

And who's going to police all these sig images? The mods already have problems trying to keep everyone's sigs to 5 lines. Imagine adding an image to that mixture. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Can we try PM notification popups again now that the fora has been upgraded?
Grammar check: shouldn't it be the fora have been upgraded?

Bah, PH has never been one to pay that much attention to grammar. Or spelling, I notice. :p

I miss the pop up so. :love:

Originally posted by Lovro
Grammar check: shouldn't it be the fora have been upgraded?
Good point you grammar nazi. ;)
I don't think that TF is goign to give us the PM pop-up notice....something about bogging the fora server down

Originally posted by PaleHorse76
Good point you grammar nazi. ;)
I don't think that TF is goign to give us the PM pop-up notice....something about bogging the fora server down
Well, I can turn it on again. But don't blame me if those popups crash the forum. ;)

Does that mean it is on?

by TF:

Well, I can turn it on again. But don't blame me if those popups crash the forum.

Stability is of paramount importance. Most people may not remember about 10 months ago when that last BBS was causing such problems (an extreme example, I know).

So if popups=instability, the PM popup notifications get the permanent boot. That's my vote.
:cool:

Is there a way so that that hack/mod only checks every 4 times or 10 times that you change pages? That would reduce the strain considerably on the server.

Top Bottom