Can you center the minimap ?

Knightly_

Warlord
Hi there,
maybe this has been asked several times before but i did not find any thread about it. Is it possible to center the minimap so that your empire is in the middle ? Sometimes it is annoying when you are at the border of the minimap and cant use it for proper navigation.

Greetings Knightly_

the minimap is the way the computer generated the map. if you have your view over the edges of the minimap you can notice the tiles where the map 'connects.'

i can tell a difference anyway.

but it's stuck like that. what you'd need to do is shift the map on the globe, like one giant tectonic plate.

No, it's centered on the land you've discovered so far.

You're right. It's sort of what I meant but most importantly before the minimap gets 'centered' your empire cannot be broken up on the minimap.

I wondered whether it's possible to make a mod that prevents the minimap ever being centered and so maybe it would be roughly centered on your empire?

if you circumnavigate before you get calendar (possible on some map types/sizes) it centers as if you have calendar (on the middle of the actual 'map', the zero meridian).

So I'm afraid it can't be modded except perhaps by shifting the map in a save file. Would be a nice feature though, perhaps for Atlas 2.0

My question might seem a bit off tangent.. is there a way to increase the size of the minimap? When I play on huge maps it's sometimes difficult to see details on the minimap.

When I play on huge maps it's sometimes difficult to see details on the minimap.

Try using Globe View instead, that's what it's there for. The mini-map is only meant to give you a rough picture, Globe View will provide more details.

Top Bottom