1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you connect track to AI?+ Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by geo1600, Dec 24, 2006.

1. geo1600

geo1600 Chieftain

Would like to wish everyone on this forum a very Merry Christmas. :)

Im hoping to buy this game soon but after reading the reviews over the months 2 negative points have stopped me from purchasing the game sooner, the points being small maps and not being able to connect your track to AI's track. Has been issues been resolved with the latest patch? In the readme it does mention larger maps, what kind of size are we taking about here? Do they match the size of railroad tycoon 3 maps? Thanks in advance.

2. Tae

Tae Warlord

My understanding is it is apart of the design that you cannot connect to AI tracks, not a bug that will be fixed. After you buy them out they become your tracks though.

They did increase the size of the available map, at least it said that in patch 2's read me, but I have not tried anything with it and never played RT3, so I have no frame of reference for your question.

I love the game, but this is my first RT game, people who played the others seem upset that many parts of the game has been simplified. I think it is very fun.

Merry Christmas.

3. geo1600

geo1600 Chieftain

Thanks for the clarification Tae. I really dont understand why connecting the tack up to AI and using its track for a premium was not added, it seems very odd, i guess i will just have to live with it. Off to order the game now. :D