Can you control the entire world?

Lex Talionis

Chieftain
Is it feasible? Your expansion stability rating would probably be in the negative hundreds, but maybe the economy rating would make up for it?

Once you have over 25ish cities you gain stability for liberating them. This can keep an Empire going even as it expands to unstable areas. If you liberate 50 cities you will recieve around a 250 point stability increase. You need to have someone to liberate to though, so this strategy requires vassals that are present near the cities you want to liberate, or enough troops to immediately reconquer any cities you make independent.

If you wanted to rule the world on your own Rhye introduced a new possibility in the new patch. As you now cannot collapse during a golden age all you would need is lots of great people and several hundred settlers, and you could span the world for as long as your golden age lasts.

If your question relates to conquering the world it has been done with many civs. I don't know if anyone has ever filled every usable land-tile, but with the advice above it shouldn't be to hard. If you had enough settlers, you could do it in one turn :)

You need stack your expansion stability to do so (you need version where you can trade or give up cities - i think beyond the sword). I use this trick:

- build and expand your empire; during that time build lot of settlers
- ideal number of cities to start this strategy is around 15 cities and let's say 30 settlers, right after astronomy
- you can wait after biology (clear jungle) to settle most ridiculous places all over the world
- make sure you will have somebody who will wants these cities (except those one you actually want)
- place settlers around the world and enable resettlement
- in one turn build 30 cities (far enough from capital to get resettlement) -> that's 1 or 2 stability points for new city, +2 resettlement, which is 90-120 stability points
- then more fun begins - you can give those cities to anyone, and if you have more than 25 cities you will get another bonus for giving up the cities (more cities you have = slightly bigger bonus)

This way you can create reserve stability and expand beyond your borders and take over the world :)

And yes big plus for this strategy is strong economy to back-up your growth.

Or you could just wait till the modern era and nuke everything and get your troops in position right before one turn of nuking.

Slavery is helpful for this too.

The strategy given by Tlonnite is demonstrated in this awesome game by him. He created a colossal Babylonia(from Greece to Japan) and then switches to America and wins a conquest, conquering that behemoth Babylonia. And all this in a golden age. This was the most amazing story I 've ever read.

Top Bottom