Can you create ranged or tank Corps?

Haig

Deity
Quick question:

Can you create Corps or Armies from ranged units such as Machine guns?

What about Cavalry or Tank armies?

In the recording of the last dev stream, the dropdown arrow in the unit build menu they used to build corps or armies without combining was shown on any non-support unit, including tanks and machine guns, so I'd say you can make them from any normal combat unit.

That would be too abusable so I expect it to not work llike that.

It would be an interesting tactical choice though: do I keep my units a corps to exert more local pressure with a single strong push or split them up to flank units or choke off cities?

It would be a great trade-off in MP, sadly the AI will probably be to stupid to use it properly.:(

It would be an interesting tactical choice though: do I keep my units a corps to exert more local pressure with a single strong push or split them up to flank units or choke off cities?

It would be a great trade-off in MP, sadly the AI will probably be to stupid to use it properly.:(

The timing that corps first appears (assuming this isn't an advanced start) is when the choice isn't between two melee units on the front line vs a corp but instead between one melee unit on the frontline and another melee blocked behind it unable to participate in the battle vs a corp.

Top Bottom