1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you get more than 1 invitation to SS?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by playshogi, Jul 23, 2020.

1. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

Discovering a tribal village does not guarantee an invitation to Voidsingers which is what I wanted to play as first. Instead, I discovered Jerusalem first and got an invitation for Owls. Can I get more than 1 invitation? I wonder, because getting an invitation is a free governor title I can use for anything.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I believe you have to use that Title, as long as that title is unused you are "considering" invitation and other invites do not consider.

I've missed out on Voidsingers as well, and even without a free Title, I was unable to join the Voidsingers after discovering a second Tribal Village.

3. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

I did use the free title for LIang. Then I cleared 2 barb camps and did not get an invitation for Vampires, but opening another tribal village after that got me an invitation for Voidsingers. This suggests a strategy of not joining anything until you exhaust all possibility of getting 4 invitations because each one comes with a free governor title. The option to join Owls is still available, so I think getting a promotion on Liang is the smart choice here.

8housesofelixir and tedhebert like this.
  4. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

You get free gov titles from discovering "new societies" even after you have joined one (had that when defeating a barb camp after already "owlizing" myself - the popup came up telling me about the sanguine pact, but the text is different - just read careful), so that is no reason to delay (waiting for a different society is one of course)

tedhebert, iammaxhailme and Amrunril like this.
  5. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Yes this is a new and pretty big change - much earlier governor titles

iammaxhailme likes this.
  6. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

I'm just starting my game. On the first tribal village, I discovered the Voidsingers, but used the title to appoint Liang. A few turns later I discovered a natural wonder, which revealed the Hermetic Order, and gave me a second title. I spent this on joining the Voidsingers. About 20 turns later a tribal village introduced me to the Owls of Minerva; I couldn't join, but I got yet another governor title.

If nothing else, Secret Societies gives you a crazy number of governor titles in the very early game.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    8housesofelixir and ShimmerGloom like this.
  7. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

So for clarification I wanted to join the Sanguine Pact in my game but I ended up meeting a city state first so I now am forced to join the Owls of Minerva?

8. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

no what I understand from the previous messages is that there's a way to scroll the governors so you get to chose the one you want... just don't promote the first one arrived... but I haven't played yet either, so...

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Thank you. I am playing now and thanks to you I noticed the scroll bar at the bottom of the governor screen since I just cleared a barb camp.

Futumch likes this.
  10. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I am most irritated that it's an RNG chance and not the first time you clear a village/barb camp/get an envoy/find a natural wonder. AI have already hoovered up the tribal villages - I cleared 2 but neither procced a Voidsingers invite. I did get one for Sanguine Pact on clearing the first barb camp, but spent the title on a regular governor.

Icicle and tedhebert like this.
  11. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

maybe the right move is to not spend the promotion at all until (and if) you get the one you want ?

blackcatatonic likes this.
  12. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

However, I find that if you join 1 SS, and THEN discover another, of course you cannot join them now but you acquire the ability to spot their members in the future. Right now I am with Voidsingers, but when I cleared a barb camp, SP showed up, I could not join them but the message said I could spot their members if I happened to meet them.

13. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I'm now also wondering if the AI will wait for the optimal SS to proc, or will just go with the flow of whichever one it gets first?

14. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

Nope, this is false. Apparently in the same game, I met 2 Owls who gave me a "hate message" that my society is evil, so I could see that they are members of the Owls. 3 turns afterwards, I ran into a city-state and got an envoy there, only then a message popped up telling me I could spot Owl members, when I already did when I met them a few turns ago. Probably bugs.

Pfeffersack and 8housesofelixir like this.
  15. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Supposedly, you can meet a secret society through diplomatic contact with a civilization that has joined them.

16. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

This was my experience too. And I'm one of the crazy people who doesn't always play with tribal villages activated. If I switch them off, are Void Singers impossible to get? I think I saw in their description you can only get them from goody huts.

17. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Yes, but the trigger could be modded to one of the other three (NW, Barb, CS).

18. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

Whoah. The Master Plan promotion for Sanguine order appears to allow any of your units within 1 tile of your Vampire Castle to teleport to any tile adjacent to another Vampire Castle. And there doesn't appear to be a per-turn limit on the number of tiles you can do this. That's nuts.

"Master Plan: Unlocked in the Atomic Era. Grants a Vampire unit in your Capital. Increases maximum Vampire Castle builds to four. Units within one tile of your Vampire Castles may now Airlift to any other tile near one of your Vampire Castles."

tedhebert likes this.
  19. Red Adept

Red Adept Warlord

That's just funny. Glad they used 'airlift' instead of 'teleport' as I'm now seeing the Count flying across the map with a tank in tow.

20. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

well ... that's exactly the way it works when you airlift from airport to airport so... that's not surprising at all